Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday

Monday


Come into work with trepidation: will the run to Miami still be in the system?

Things almost always change overnight/over the weekend. Yes, it's still there! Plus a trip to Coolidge thrown in there, good luck with that. Apparently the salesman forgot to put that in there on the run to Coolidge on Friday.......



Okay, I like going out of town on road trips, especially when the company is paying for it and even more so in the semi. Don't ask why, I just love it.



The high yesterday was in the 90's. The electric use reflected that: $10 day versus up to $20 less than a month ago. Still have to run the AC to get the humidity out of the air and yes, 90's is still a bit too warm to say goodbye to AC.

Today's high slated at 98. Then back up in the 100's for the rest of the week - BUT - less than 110. That will also help keep cooling costs down. These overcast skies for the last week or however long have been fabulous. Pond digging has gotten a lot further simply for the better weather.



Weekends are always roughest on the dieting situation: at 197.5 this morning. I have not been able to get below 195. I'm sure I COULD by - doing something different I guess, just not there yet. I would have like to break into the 180's range by now, oh well.



News. Always some interesting reads on Monday morning. Apparently, big news is Palin's changing their lifestyle to avoid the writer who moved in next door. Who cares?

Good big news is they are going to try and plug the well. Fingers crossed isn't enough, praying and believing are much better alternatives!



I can also say that I could care less what press corps sit on the front row of the briefing room in the white house - THIS is news?



Ahhh, here's an interesting one: drunken bulldozer operator kills 11. Well, at least it wasn't an American incident, that's a lot of people and destruction for one machine and operator.



Regardless, I see nothing of great interest in there this morning. Same old hype about November elections - I am not sure who I am going to vote FOR in November, I am positive about who I am NOT going to be voting for.........anyway, I want to write up a 5-day eviction notice before I have to start in on work today, so I must be offa here. For the tenant that is now 2 weeks behind on rent and went on a vacation to California instead of - looking for a new job. Apparently she thinks I am going to wait until she starts receiving unemployment benefits which can and usually does take weeks before you get your first check. I dun thin' so, in the words of the infamous Ricky Ricardo......



G'day.



ben

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...