Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday

Monday




I didn't sleep NEAR as well last night as I did the night before. I had an upset stomach/acid indigestion/whatever going on down there and it kept me awake for hours. Nice to finally fall asleep and then have that alarm clock banging in your ears shortly thereafter......



They were predicting in the 111's high for today, now it has gone done to a 104 high. Forecasters have never been able to successfully figure out the weather during the monsoon season because storms start up in the mountains with moist air being drawn upward, accumulating and coming down "here" and dumping it's stuff on us overnight. They just never have quite gotten it.

Which is okay by me, it can get as cool as it wants to. The rest of the week looks pathetic in terms of temps until Sunday where they're showing a high of 99 degrees.



That's also getting close to the end of August and I expect that sooner or later, it will start cooling down and the highs won't be so dreadful.



I'm following the feds with interest. One dissenter on the board is saying that it's a risky gamble to leave the rates at almost nothing. I do wonder what Greenspan has to say about all of this, regardless if he doesn't hold the position anymore.



As for today, one small delivery and that is all that's in the delivery system. Well, if nothing else comes up I am going to ask to leave early, that upset stomach kept me awake most of the night and I am totally out of it.



ben

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tuesday

Will be here (at work) late today as I was asked to close the store. Manager is going to yet another "function" of the divorce proceedings.

So, senator Gaffe Reid finally takes a stance other than lip service to the democratic party. I'm amazed. I wouldn't vote for that guy if you paid me good money to, but still - he is against having that mosque built on ground zero. I am also against that mosque being built there, I consider it a slap in the face of the firefighters, police officers and everyone else that died at that site on 9/11. No, I have no qualms going into some political fields on my blog........

Umm, well whatever. I have been sitting here reading news blip after news blip, all KINDS of stuff in there today. The child sex sting was a bit horrific to say the least - - old guys wanting to have sex with young (and I mean YOUNG) girls.

Another incredulous story is this deal about the Pentagon wanting to buy Russian made helicopters for use in Afghanistan and not even letting American companies bid on the deal? That is completely and totally outrageous. Right, Obama, you want to put America back to work, or was that Russians? How many potential jobs lost to a contract that might go overseas for a product that can and is being built in our own back yard?

Unbelievable. Well, I just got started with the gears cranking and here it is, time to get to work. Well, work takes precedence.

G'day.

ben

Fin said...

Maybe the Russian helos were already there from when they kicked t. he Russians out of the countrhy.

I thought it was odd when the US Coast Guard showed up in a French made helo many years ago

Fijufic said...

Hope you can stay cool. Hunker down and hope for some change in Washington.

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...