Saturday, August 7, 2010

Saturday

Sky to the west is dark, sky to the east?  The sun is shining.  I'm hoping the dark comes over and dumps rain all over my property so I don't have to water my plants. 

A few thoughts.  Everyone thinks Kagan is the "best" option for the Supreme Court.  Just wait and mark my words: this woman is a clusterf*** waiting to happen.  You are going to hear about bizarre stuff going on with the U.S. Supreme Court after this woman starts trying her stuff.

BP wants to drill in the same well again.  They're going to drill somewhere, anyway, I have nothing against it.  From my perspective, they have a clue now how to fix something like this disaster.  They should have several of those caps built and nearby in case something like this ever happens again.  They will be prepared for a disaster now, as, obviously, in the past they weren't ready for anything.  Definitely believe stringent regulations should be imposed  upon that industry since, just as obviously and after reading hundreds of news reports about it, they aren't exactly apt to regulate themselves.  There is too much at stake with this kind of situation, a 3rd party MUST oversee it.

There should also be automatic safeguards to shut the whole operation down when the clues come forth that something isn't right down at the bottom.  The same news reports I have been reading for months revealed that they knew something wasn't right down there but they didn't do anything about it.  Obviously, their "fail safe" valve/s didn't work, either.  But then again, did they even try to use that valve BEFORE the explosion?  I don't think they did.

I was looking at pictures of these 2 school buses and semi that crashed.  UNBELIEVABLE.  There was a pickup truck smashed underneath the front bus, but from the picks, you can't even SEE a pickup truck under there.  I hope the guy's death was at least painless if nothing else, ie: instant death.  I wouldn't want to be stuck underneath a school bus in a mangled pickup truck, lying there just waiting for death to arrive.  Instant death would be FAR better, I think.

That is a good example of what happens if you are distracted even for a short period of time while driving.  What seemed okay one minute can change in a flash of second and if you aren't paying attention, this is what happens.  Or can happen.  I am at the point - or have been fora  while now, that texting while driving (I'm not saying the bus driver was texting) should be treated the same as DUI in terms of jail time, fines, etc.

I have my slow cooker out.  I cooked a roast the other day in it - wonderful stuff.  Carrots, onions and potatoes along with some good ole', hot, horseradish sauce.  YUM.

I just put a HUGE pork roast in there maybe an hour ago.  Hoping it's done by this evening.  I am going to cook it until it pulls apart with a fork, pick the fat out of it, pull it all apart and dump some good BBQ sauce into it.  Pulled pork sandwiches, absolutely delicious.  Making myself hungry just thinking about it.  Dunno how much I can have on a diet, guess I'll have to look at the sauce label and see what kind of calories are packed into it.

No grand plans for today.  Looking to continue digging out that hole.  It's getting easier now that I am close to getting to the bottom portion of the setup.  Okay, I shouldn't say easier, more like less difficult, still hitting into lots of rocks but right now I am shovelling up and hauling off the stuff I had already dug up - I just piled it into the middle of the hole while doing the much hard work of excavating the sides.  Still plenty to do  even after the hole is dug.  Gotta put enough water into the pond to fill it up partially and make sure there are no leaks on the bottom of it.  Another reason a good rain would be helpful right now.  I should have done it the last rain, I didn't think about it. 

Anyway, not going to go too much into that.  School starts next week, it's scary, but it's Caleb's last year of high school.  My one and only is almost grown up.  I wouldn't mind having more, but skip the baby and toddler part.  Lol. I don't know that I could handle screaming babies all night long and toddlers getting into everything.  No, give me about a 7 or 8 year old.  Of course, I am finding out, you adopt a kid that age and you are probably inheriting someone else's problem. Meaning the parents were probably flakes and the kid is probably got some "issues" and extreme luggage to deal with.  I don't think I could adopt with all of these tenants living in here, anyway.  Officials want to interview everyone that lives in a home, I doubt they would see it a good arrangement with all kinds of "strangers" living here.

Well enough of this, I am surfing the internet and getting myself motivated to go out there and do some more digging and hauling.  Temp is like 79 degrees because of the weather that is moving in and probably also cause' the sun is hiding behind clouds.  Beautiful day!

ben

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why is she a cluster* waiting to happen?

Anonymous said...

The woman has no judicial experience sitting on any bench in any court, none. She is regarded as a political activist, meaning she will more than likely use the position to further push her own personal agendas. Obama picked her for a reason, to help HIM with his BS. If we had a Supreme court full of Kagans this nation would go to hell in a handbasket in short order. I am not a follower or believer in extreme liberal agenda and I am certainly not ashamed to declare as such. I do not believe any person should be appointed to the Supreme Court that has no experience, NONE AT ALL, in the position the person is being placed in. I also don't care which party a person is from, Constitutional law should be decided from the perspective and intent of the founding fathers, not a person's own political or otherwise agenda.
I am also not a big fan of people leaving comments on here that do not identify themselves.

ben

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...