Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday

Quiet morning.  Michael went to a friend's house and Caleb is sleeping.
Caleb is going to be in for an interesting year in attempting to juggle working; going to school and JROTC.  It will be a good experfience for him.  He is saving most of his money and I still have yet to get him over to a bank and get an account started for him.  I don't know how that works anymore for a minor and having a bank account.  I assume he can get  a savings account with a card to be able to withdraw money?  No idea, but I will be looking online today to see what is available. 

Forgot to add that school starts Monday. 

Today's agenda has already been started.   Clean the high traffic carpet areas.  In fact, I'm almost done with that and it's not even 8:30am : )

Clean house.  Well, someone FINALLY cleaned the main bathroom (other than the normal person that does it, who would be me) so I don't need to do anything in there and I made Michael clean the living room yesterday which leaves only to sweep and mop the kitchen floor and clean my bathroom.

So, as far as house cleaning duties, not really a lot I have to do.

As for outside stuff, yesterday I just sprayed and sprayed the Dawn dishwashing liquid mixture on the plants that have those white flies.  Those little buggers are hard to get rid of.  I want them gone.  I will be out there again today, spraying it again, letting it dry, spray it until I don't see any of them.  Actually, I think I just about got all of them yesterday.  The remaining problem out there are ants.  Thousands of them - at least.  My property is infested with them.  The problem is, they aren't housing themselves on my property, they have their ant hills in the neighbor's s*** filled property behind me.  Regardless, I am going to go get ant killer today and spray the fence area where they're coming through and follow their trail on my property and kill as many of them as I can.  There is no-one ligving on that property, there isn't even aq house, I amy jump the fence and get the ant hills. 

If you can't tell, I am taking a break from pond digging activities.  It has been hot andmuggy outside and I just haven't felt like it.  I have a lot of dirt to haul.  I will probably do a little today on it since I will be out there anyway.  I have also been trimming back shrubs and trees.  That is an on-going process. 

Meanwhile, Juice - one of the black brothers that is always coming over here and I do mean always - gets out of Juvenile Detention today.  This time he has been in there for 17 days.  Second round for him.  Everyone is making fun of him because he brought it upon himself.  The first time was for attempting to shoplift, the second was for crashing into a UPS van while riding a mini-bike on the street.  He seriously injured himself, indeed.  But, the payment in pain for several weeks wasn't enough to swsay the judge for time in pain spent, Juice definitely does not like Juvi and I am thinking maybe this time he will attempt to keep his nose clean and stay out of trouble.  The funniest part is that he spent the last days of his summer break from school in Juvi, as he comes home today and then goes to school tomorrow.  Undoubtedly, he will be coming over here sometime this afternoon which is when I will gived him no small amount of hard time for getting himself into trouble again.

Dinner. What's for dinner?  I'm thinking something with chicken.  Dunno yet.  Probably thinking about this early cause' I am quite hungry right now.  A bit of left over from last night will do the trick for now.

G'day.

ben

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monday

Juice shows up late yesterday afternoon, happy go lucky, as if nothing had ever happened. Apparently, he wanted to put that little deal of spending 17 days in Juvi out of mind. I did not let it go that easily, but, I didn't rub it in too much, he's an alright kid with very little parental guidance and even less male role figures in his life. In fact, there are none that I know of.

Sometimes their (the black brothers) grandmother calls over an uncle so that they can have a "talking to", but the effect of it is negligible. I do believe a person has to be a daily part of another person's life to really have any kind of serious impact. Now that I think about it, I am the biggest male role model in any of those boy's lives excepting, perhaps, school teachers and coaches.

Well that's an interesting thought.

School starts today. Which is quite wonderful, really. Food bill will decrease by at least 10% if not more without kids being around all day long eating my food and drinking my drinks. They will, instead, get those meals and drinks at school. Which doesn't mean they won't come over and eat at my place after school, lol.

Caleb's last year of High School - still a scary thought. Scary because of his unreletting push to get into the Marines. Afghanistan comes to mind. This is a war that I have repeatedly opined on on this blog: LET'S GET OUT OF THERE BEFORE ANOTHER U.S. SOLDIER IS KILLED.

But, that message falls on deaf ears, at least to those who can do anything about it. I have no idea why Obama thinks it's a good idea for us to just stay over there. When is it going to be over? 20 years? 30 years? Never? At what cost? How many American lives? How many billions upon billions of dollars?

A 14 year old kid is charged with starting a fire that briefly put 50 homes in harm's way. How? Trying to light a joint (marijuana) or pipe and apparently igniting something around him. Smart, kid, really smart. If you want to make people extremely stupid, just legalize marijuana and then make it available to everyone. You will see a nation of the most unmotivated, klutzy, moronic people in existence.

Anonymous said...

I know from experience, trust me, I'm slamming myself in this one. I smoked dope every day for 7 years straight, all day long, starting at the age of 13 and ending at 20. Sure, I worked my butt off during those years, but I also got into a LOT of trouble. I took huge risks as well - I had to sell dope to support my rather costly habit.

Bad idea, is all I can say about it. Arguments are that it can be taxed and then what, the government gets rich off of people wasting their minds away? Really nice. In other words, people are going to do it anyway, why not make it legal? Because legalizing it therefore legitimizes it, which is a thing I do not think we should be doing with that or any other mind altering substance excepting those that are already legal (alcohol).

Anyway, the work day is approaching and there is NOTHING in our truck routing system. This, so far, is the worst month I have seen yet. That is true because I had to do two HUGE returns last week that put our numbers into negative territory and from the looks of it, it's going to be a while before we get into the black side of things.

Not good, not good at all.

The worst part of days like this - especially on a Monday - is nothing to do so I have to invent things to do. Well, try doing that for an entire shift, the monotony can start getting to you.

OH, I found more free fish : ) I haven't gone and gotten them yet, but they are Koi, not goldfish. I don't mind having more goldfish - after I get the big pond going. Right now, I just want Koi. I also found out the 2 very large Koi that I got a few weeks ago are worth around $100 each.

No, I am not going to sell them to anyone, it took a long time just to find someone giving them away. But, that was definitely and interesting piece of information that I found out about those 2 lovelies and yes, they are nice looking fishes. One is around 14 inches long and the other is about 12 inches long.

Have a great day : )

ben

Fijufic said...

My buddy crashed into an auto parts store with me in the car.

Everyone inside freaked out becuse stuff FLEW off the walls.

Was he drunk? Yes. Did he get in trouble? No...

Nothing was broken and the only damage was to the car...

Crashing a mini bike into an UPS van is a real feat.

Anonymous said...

How did he not get into trouble? THAT is a feat in itself!
Juice claimed the UPS van ran into him - however, the van was PARKED at the time of the accident. lol
ben

Fijufic said...

My wife actually hit a Budweiser truck and a School bus with our mustanf and didn't get in trouble either.

She is a nurse and well when it comes to nurses the cops roll out the red carpet. Seriously. I've seen them give her tickets and pull them back once they found out she was a nurse.

She got called to jury duty and had it waived this week just like that.

Now as for my friend? We should have been in trouble but were fortunate. That was pure luck...

Fijufic said...

mustang rather...

BenB said...

Lol, well those are 2 different situations. I was curious because a drunk person nowadays, caught driving, is in for trouble. Unless they can somehow dupe the cop, it's amazing they get away with anything nowadays.
I imagine that most people have no idea the sacrifices nurses make at work and the hours involved.....

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...