Friday, September 17, 2010

Amazing

At work today, it suddenly occured to me that in my closet is a complete tool set.  I never even checked to see if it was taken as well.  I was sorta worried about that one, when I got home I found the entire set intact. I imagine carrying that much weight might not have been on their minds.  In fact, from what I could see, they really just wanted that old revolver and found all my change to throw in the mix.  

Not much else of any great value in there, I guess they thought they were going to find a gold mine, it's really just my space to keep people out of my things.

I went to WalMart today looking for a 12 gauge shotgun.  They had a nice one for $177.  Single barrel, though.  I sorta want a double barrel, side by side and pump action.  They had an even cheaper one for $117, but it only holds one round of ammo at a time.  I went to the pawn shop's site - they have sold out everything but expect more next week. 

I was at a Mexican restaurant named Someburro's today.  The one I normally go to - when I do visit - is in Tempe.  Been going there for years and years.  When you order, you can ask for free chips and salsa while you're waiting.  It's a small container of chips and a squirt bottle filled with salsa.  Great stuff.  Doesn't matter if you're dining in or take-out they will give it to you.

Perhaps you already guessed it.  I was at their location in Gilbert - I have never been in this store.  I ordered my usual fare and then asked for the free chips and salsa.  The man behind the counter tells me mine is a to-go order and they don't give out free chips and salsa unless you are dining in.  I replied that their original, main location has been giving out free chips and salsa to WHOEVER - WHENEVER they asked for it.  "Well, where is THAT store at?", apparently thinking I was making this up.  I'm thinking, what possible differences does it make if I'm dining in or taking out, I'm paying the SAME price for the food either way.

I simply informed him I would have to make a phone call on that one.  Yes, I made a phone call.  Got the district manager's number, left a message.  When I left, I saw the name above the door that same person being the general manager of this store.  I called the store number.  This manager profusely apologized, asked me my name, told me I could have a free lunch or dinner on her the next time I was in.  "Well, can I get the free chips and salsa, too?"  Of course!  She then informed me this man was wrong and that she would be bringing it up at the next manager's meeting and, of course, inform this individual at the counter of his error.

Thank you.  I never got nasty with anyone, no sour tones, just kept a cheerful presence and - it gets me a free lunch.  But I really wanted those chips and salsa!! They are some of the best around! 

I was looking at 12 gauge shotguns at Walmart today.  They had a decent one for $177.00.  I'm going to be a well armed invidual and soon.  When the S hits the fan with Anthony and a warrant for his arrest, I have no doubt in my mind that the extended family will somehow justify exacting vengeance, even though HE is the one that came into my house and stole all of that stuff.  I can't really afford one right now, but I can't afford not to have one.  A shotgun is a powerful, intimidating weapon.  It's great for home defense.  If I do get one, the only drawback is I won't be able to leave it here.  I will have to take it in the car with me whenever I leave for fear the thing will be stolen.  THIS is why I cannot have Anthony running around, free to do whatever he pleases. 

Well, there are no laws here against carrying whatever kind of weapon of your choice with you, in your car, wherever.  In fact, the laws seem to progressively get more and more lenient.  I just don't really like the idea of having to lug that kind of weapon around all over the place.  I could get a handgun, and honestly, I want one of those, too, but I prefer the stopping power of a gun that will basically blow your head off.  I have no qualms shooting someone in my home if they have a weapon pointed at me.  I'm going to start reading up on AZ law and home self-defense.  This isn't Texas, where you can just shoot people for the mere fact of attempting to break in your house.  You have to feel, if I remember correctly, that yours or someone else's life is in danger before using deadly force.  The question I have is - let's say 4 people come in your house. They aren't armed but it's 4 against 1.  Is the use of deadly force, inside your house, allowable?  Apparently, each state has it's own laws concerning such. 

Uhh, wow.  Quite a range.  I have the right to threaten to use or use deadly force in my home in "A. A person commits burglary in the second degree by entering or remaining unlawfully in or on a residential structure with the intent to commit any theft or any felony therein.


B. Burglary in the second degree is a class 3 felony.
 and
"13-1508. Burglary in the first degree; classification


13-411. Justification; use of force in crime prevention; applicability




A. A person is justified in threatening or using both physical force and deadly physical force against another if and to the extent the person reasonably believes that physical force or deadly physical force is immediately necessary to prevent the other's commission of arson of an occupied structure under section 13-1704, burglary in the second or first degree under section 13-1507 or 13-1508, kidnapping under section 13-1304, manslaughter under section 13-1103, second or first degree murder under section 13-1104 or 13-1105, sexual conduct with a minor under section 13-1405, sexual assault under section 13-1406, child molestation under section 13-1410, armed robbery under section 13-1904 or aggravated assault under section 13-1204, subsection A, paragraphs 1 and 2.

B. There is no duty to retreat before threatening or using physical force or deadly physical force justified by subsection A of this section.

C. A person is presumed to be acting reasonably for the purposes of this section if the person is acting to prevent the commission of any of the offenses listed in subsection A of this section.

D. This section is not limited to the use or threatened use of physical or deadly physical force in a person's home, residence, place of business, land the person owns or leases, conveyance of any kind, or any other place in this state where a person has a right to be.





A. A person commits burglary in the first degree if such person or an accomplice violates the provisions of either section 13-1506 or 13-1507 and knowingly possesses explosives, a deadly weapon or a dangerous instrument in the course of committing any theft or any felony.



B. Burglary in the first degree of a nonresidential structure or a fenced commercial or residential yard is a class 3 felony. It is a class 2 felony if committed in a residential structure. "



Anthony, Drey and Darnell were committing burglarly in the 2cd degree.  Well, anyway, it's obvious this state give broad and wide ranging liberties to defend yourself, your home and even others whether in the home or not. 

Interesting.

Well, I'm done with this one, sort of.  Another hot weekend: 109 tomorrow and Sunday.  Fall officially starts on Wednesday.  I hope the temperatures are in line with that.

ben

No comments:

 My plans to get home at a reasonable hour tomorrow have been dashed.  We were going back and forth in texting about the schedule and then I...