Wednesday, September 1, 2010

MAD

That's all I can say about my state of mind right now, I am FREAKING MAD.  I have been in that state all day long and I don't know that going to bed will and a "good night's sleep" will do anything but make it worse. 
I WON'T SLEEP, that's the point. 

What am I referring to?

Regular readers might find this unbelievable, but this has nothing to do with tenants, kids, dogs or even Herons. 

I am referring to WORK. 

Here's the story.  I go to work early every morning.  I do this that and the other thing before signing into the computer network.  I pull up my work email account and put on my communicator - it's a system to communicate with other associates in the network via instant messaging - through work only. 

I leave my up when I'm gone.  Our store is run by fully 2 people: the manager and me.  I don't have to worry about 50 or 100 people walking by an unattended computer and accessing personal information. It simply doesn't happen.  If I were at the main branch, I would NEVER leave my account open.  And let's clarify this here: I don't leave all that stuff up on the computer screen, it is accessible if you click on my email account of communicator (instant messaging).

Okay.  I am driving around doing the parameters of my job - delivering and picking up stuff (well, a lot of other things, but my job description is listed as a truck driver). I end up at our main branch downtown.  I have a load of stuff I brought from our branch to transfer to them - mainly 2,000 feet of sewer pipe that they need to fill orders.

I am sitting at a desk in the warehouse doing paperwork - always a lot of paperwork - when a guy comes out of the main store, looking at me, says to the people behind the dual, swinging doors: "He's right here!".  He walks off laughing, muttering comments under his breath.  What the bleep is THIS about?  I get up and walk in there.  "What's going on?" 

One of the counter guys says he has an instant message, FROM ME, that is going on RIGHT NOW.  The message is from "me" asking this guy if he wants to hang out this weekend and have some drinks.  Alarms.  I don't engage in this kind of childish behavior at work, I am 46 years old and this kind of shit is pure bullshit. I like to have fun in life, a person abusing their position in this capacity is total BULLSHIT.  I look at the IM and read everything.  I instantly came to the conclusion, in my mind, who was doing this.  This counter guy thought it was my manager, I thought differently. 

This person that started this IM continues on and on.  Do you want to hang out?.....followed by, "I like you".......followed by........."I like you alot".  The intonation is that I am going to have this guy over for drinks and then it's going to be GAY SHIT SEX.  FUCK A GUY UP THE ASS.

I'm sorry to the Christian readership here, I really am, but I am PISSED OFF.  I looked at this guy and wondered if he really thought it was me contacting him before I showed up and and refuted, without know it by mere act of BEING there, that it WAS NOT ME. 

This man was at the computer I use at work writing this stuff from my communicator/instant messenger.  The message shows that it is me, not him, writing the content of that material. 

Yes, I knew who wrote it because I heard he had done such things in the past.  However, those things did not include sexual BULLSHIT.  He is allegedly trying to teach the person a lesson that you should not leave your account open when not present at the computer.  All fine and dandy in a place that has dozens of emplooyees and even more contractors, vendors and people from other divisions walking in and out of there.  BS when it's a 2-man crew and MOST of the sales generated from the store are from the deliveries I make in the semi. 

Who is this person?  The Operations Manager.  Do you see anything such as abuse of power going on here?  The use of your position to do whatever you want because of the veritable lack of any kind of responsibility to be had on his part for saying WHATEVER he pleases?  Further, with the gay shit, SEXUAL HARRASMENT.  Can anyone say LAWSUIT?  I'm NOT gay, but if the guy is going to paint me that and there are several witnesses to it, why the bleep should I take another iota's minute's worth of this SHIT that I have endured in my life span because of some IDIOT that thinks they can do what they want, when they want to?  Ohhh, yes, the economy. SCREW the economy, I determined long ago, after being ABUSED by management at various companies, that I would NOT put up with it even if it mean LEAVING THE FREAKING COMPANY or risk being FIRED. 

The man could have simply approached me and said that the company does not want you to leave your account open like that - though I have NEVER read any such thing on any of the REAMS of company documents I have seen.  It MAY be there somewhere, I don't know.  NO, he has to start SHIT with me by IMPERSONATING me, that's what it is, impersonation.  I am going to look into labor laws and such, there is NO WAY I am going to just tolerate this stuff.  Yes, I am mad. I'm not just upset, I AM MAD.  I HATE being treated this way by ANY management.  My company does not stand ethical corruption and to me, this is ALL about ethics and morals. 

Ahhh, BenB taking a deep breath.  There is, actually, more to this story but I cannot go into it right now.  I can feel my innards in the way that only anger brings up.  It is not good for me and I would like to actually sleep tonight.  I must stop now. 

10 comments:

Pastor Larry said...

Praying for your peace of mind and the presence of mind in the future to close down your computer when you leave the office at all times.

Anonymous said...

Ben, ask the Lord to help you with it...you don't have to handle these situations by yourself.

I have a problem with anger and I tell Him when I am so---don't hide it, like I could hide it from Him, lol. (You cannot help feeling angry, it's what you do with it...)

Ask for His Peace...and picture Him in front of you.

But if you continue to find this company (or any situation) a source of sin, then you may want to look for another job? Just saying. :)

I hope things get better for you. You are in my prayers. We care about you and you know He does!

Done preaching! ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Give em hell. That's totally Effed up.

Puma

Anonymous said...

I'd be mad too, Ben. Nothing wrong with that. Sorry that you have to put up with this crap. Praying for you and a much more peaceful day, my friend.

Fijufic said...

Well, That was a pretty weird way to get you to log off. I'm not a fan of his management style.

Some ass would be chewed if it was on my watch.

Ben, you can't leave that damn thing open for a second.

As for your ops manager? I'd suspend him for a day without pay to think his message over. I would also put him on notice with a formal reprimand.

You would also receive a warning about leaving your connection open. Just sayin'

I would also tell you both to get back to work and never to let it happen ever again.

The good news? You never said that homosexual stuff over the internet.

The bad news? Something is wrong with that guy.

The good news? Everyone knows it was your ops manager and there really is no explaining his language and conduct away.

Your best defense is to laugh it off and not take it personally. You didn't make those comments and it makes you wonder about your ops mgr.

Since I'm a dude I would probably say something to the recipient of the message that the Ops guy must be secretly "sweet" on him. That will completely take the focus away from you.

Using homophobic insults is like being that one missing sock; everyone knows it's just hiding in the closet.

Your Ops Mgr has issues. I hope he can confront them.

Carry on my good man!!!

I'm telling you if you can laugh at yourself on this matter you will come out smelling like a rose.

Peace,
Bobby

Anonymous said...

Well, thanks for all the replies! Didn't expect to see all of this on here! Good stuff and food for thought to ponder on - I'll get back to it when I have some sort of answer. I have done nothing about it so far excepting to look at company policies to find this guy's actions are encouraged to be reported. But - that doesn't exactly help a person's career if a person wants to stay at a place for another whatever many years, now does it? Again, I'm still thinking this thing through and at least have gotten over the extreme angry part of it.
Thanks!
ben

Anonymous said...

Hmmm,well I "posted" a new entry here yesterday and it's gone. Oh well.
Friday.

My mind's in a lull right now - rough sleep last night, kept waking up for whatever reason. Plus I have been mulling over what to do about this situation with the ops manager, so far I have just sat on it. Never wise to make rush decisions especially after getting upset to that degree.

So far only one reply to my ad for the room. But then again, it isn't available until the 11th, which is still 8 days away. It is paid up until the 11th and I would love to see a seamless transaction in the payment department. It doesn't normally work out that way, but one can wish.

No, I will have to clean the carpet in there and paint whatever will have to be painted. I haven't really been in there since the Marine moved in there so, I have no idea the condition of the room. In fact, I'm pretty sure the carpet needs to be replaced in that room, but - no funds to cover that right now.

3 day weekend en-queue. Labor Day on Monday. Just going to take it easy - the temps are still high: 111 today, 108 tomorrow and 107 Sunday. After that, the temps come down to low 100's or high 90's for the next 2 weeks - I'll take that anyday over this sweltering heat junk. It's going to be hot enough today that the National Weather Service has issued yet another Excessive Heat Warning, as they like to name it........wonderful.

"Our military and people will deal a merciless blow if warmongers stage reckless provocation," North Korea's government-run website, Uriminzokkiri, said in a commentary Friday.

Lol. That's North Korea pulling out the rhetoric machine again as U.S. and South Korean troops get ready to stage yet another set of anti-submarine excercises apparently designed to "deter" North Korea from doing anything such as blowing up another sub as they allegedly did so earlier this year. I don't wonder if one of these times, NK will actually do something.

I hope not, really, but still........

Well, I have no time left even if there is nothing to do in the truck routing system for today. At work, I'm referring to.....

G'day.

ben

Fijufic said...

Ben,

Chalk it up to experience. I say laugh it off but I sure would remind the recipient of the message the ops mgr was sweet on HIM.

It wasn't really about you. I think if anyone has an issue it was the recipient of the message and the ops mgr. The reciepent has grounds to be extremely angry.

Hang in there brother.

Bobby

Fin said...

Ditto what Bobby said. Pick yer battles wisely.

And don't leave yer email account open live again.

Somehow I doubt you will. I do hope you let it go.

BenB said...

Bobby: I had to read and re-read your first reply several times to take it all in.
Fin: Agreed.
My reply to all of this is in my next posting, hopefully tonight, tomorrow at the latest.
ben

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...