Thursday, September 16, 2010

More/Theft

I was talking with Caleb on the phone earlier.
This that and the other thing.
Caleb said he talked to Anthony last night.
Whoa!!!
HOW did you do THAT?!!!
He was on the internet and so was Anthony.
What was the conversation?
Caleb said he told Anthony that he knows Anthony and the others took the stuff out of our house.
Anthony said you better check your facts.
Caleb responds the facts are plain.
Anthony replies well let's TALK about this.
Implying on the phone.
Caleb gives him his cell phone number.
No call, of course.

Now, I asked Caleb, how, do you think, is Anthony ON the internet?
OUR PLAYSTATION 3, OF COURSE!!

Which reminds me, I had thoughts if they were living close enough, that Playstation has my WiFi password programmed into it.  It would automatically receive my carrier signal for internet access. 
Checked, nothing going out.  Inactive signals show a roommate and 2 other carriers I don't remember, but one of them used to be the Playstation 3, probably the other is the next door neighbor I was helping out by him - helping me out.  He gets free internet, I get to use his pickup truck.  He is coming back in a few more weeks. 

Anyway, the PS3 will simply search for internet access.  You can also go into it and program access - which I did, but it doesn't work unless you are pretty close to my house to recieve the signal. 

So, I am guessing Anthony thinking he's getting away scott-free.  I'm thinking different.  We'll see who wins.

Uhhh, so that's that - for now.  I came home today to find that Mark had completely finished the bedroom I was painting including painting the entire interior of the closet (which it definitely needed).  He had also used the carpet cleaning machine to clean the carpet, had taken the machine itself apart and cleaned that.  The room - is ready for move-in.  I have considered offering them the room for a discounted rate.  I have not yet decided on that one.  They cannot afford an apartment.  I would like to give them some opportunity to come out of that trailer and I will offer someone else the same terms I gave them to move into the trailer and then have Mark oversee that person.  Why not?  I dunno.  Just thinking about it.  I put $200 on the carrd reader yesterday and it shows 21 days worth of electricity.  That is a HUGE difference from June, July and even August.  That's $300 per month instead of $500.  Wait til' the temps come down to no AC, I will be reporting less than $200 per month. 

It's granted that I am down hundreds per month in food costs.  At least.  When September is over, I can mark an entire month's worth of food expenditures without all the teenagers over here.  Compare that with the month before and I will have a good figure.  I'm definitely starting to see the change, too.

Well, I just tried to call Caleb back - I want to know where on the internet he found Anthony.  Message board?  Video game? What? I'd like to have a bit of a conversation with him myself.............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tonight shall prove interesting. My son is still pretty much infuriated with these kids stealing our stuff - my Playstation 3 but a lot of the accessories he had bought with his own money. I don't play the thing, to be honest, I lost interest in video games once Nintendo 64 was done away with and all this new-fangled junk came out. I still think Nintendo 64 was and is the best of the bunch.

I just told him to not get himself into trouble, he has no criminal record and doesn't need at a juncture in his life when he's getting close to adulthood and getting a good start on it.

I left JD another message last night- thought I'd try one more time even if it's a 99% probability that they won't bring my stuff back. I simply wrote that I have a CD with thier faces (not JD's) on it and I am turning it over to the police today unless they bring the stuff back. Is there anything TO bring back? Dunno. I have this feeling that they are using my Playstation 3 to access the internet. The only way to find that out is to find out where they are staying and have police visit them.

I was in a pawn shop yesterday, first looking for my stolen gun. The guy said if that kind of gun had come in there, he would have remembered it. Yes, it is pretty unique gun. Second looking for a 12 gauge, side-by-side, pump action shotgun. Yes, they sell guns, but no, you can't buy them in the store, you have to go to an online auction where they have all of their guns listed.

Makes sense. Keeping a bunch of guns on display probably isn't the safest thing to do if someone is inclined to rob the store. Booming business that place, always has been but even more so now - people are pawning everything trying to make ends meet. There are only a couple of pawn shops within a "reasonable" distance of the neighborhood I am living in. Saying that because those people aren't going to be able to get very far to go ahead and pawn a gun. I have one more I am going to check today.

Anonymous said...

I am keeping the pressure up - those kids know I am patrolling an area of about a square mile looking for Drey, Anthony or any of their family walking around as to locate them. Police have no idea where those kids live, I have to help myself out here. They have a cousin that lives 2 streets over and they have some other relative that lives - somewhere just east of me in the same neighborhood. If I drive around long enough, sooner or later it's going to pay off.

Darnell, of course, knows where they're at - Caleb will be "asking" him about that if he sees him.

It's Friday, the weekend is almost here and that makes me incredibly happy. I am back to trying to rent out the room now that I have that room virtually completed. I have had a few responses, but, I will keep plugging along with it. One guy called yesterday thinking it was the perfect place for him until he realized how far away it is from where he works. Nix on that one.

It's always a challenge to get a new person in my house, renting out a room, this will be no different.
The only thing I am considering, as I said yesterday, is letting the trailer tenants have that room - if they are willing to pay more - and then find someone else for the trailer, raising the weekly rate while I'm at it. Mark can oversee that individual, whoever it may be. In fact, Mark could probably find the next person to live in there since he knows all kinds of these people - and who can be trusted and who can't.

Seriously considering it, still haven't made a decision on it and frankly, I don't know if they even want it. I just made the comment the other day that I would just as soon leave it empty for now, or not rent it out and he immediately asked what I was going to do with it. It seemed evident that they would like to get out of that trailer - but - the price is going up to move into that room.

Nothing in the truck routing system to do today. Bummer. First time this week that there isn't at least something to do in there.

Well, time is up and I'm outta here.

G'day.

ben

 My plans to get home at a reasonable hour tomorrow have been dashed.  We were going back and forth in texting about the schedule and then I...