Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thursday


Today's high? 108 degrees. That's ridiculous. Insane.

Whatever the temps outside today, I feel MUCH better after stopping taking that medication. Gotta love medication that makes you sick!

Another crazy thing is this situation with my son's auto insurance. They quoted me $134 per month for him, now they have raised it another $25. I will be asking them about that today - and if no good answer - I will be seeking insurance somewhere else. However, I know young people that are paying far more than even the extended cost that they are dumping on me to dump onto my son. Dunno, guess it just depends on how much badly my son wants to drive.

I heard on the news this morning that AHCCCS (Arizona's free health care to people under the poverty level) is cutting costs - and people that have that health care. It sounded as though a LOT of people are suddenly going to be without. So, what are they going to do? Go to the hospital, of course, with whatever it is they have, even minor stuff. It will end up costing far more, imo, than if they were to just keep those people on the health care rolls and find other ways to cut costs.

Speaking of money, I guess the ex isn't doing too well in that arena. She called yesterday, leaving a message - I left the phone in the house and was outside fooling around with the ponds - my son isn't liking what's happening with his mother and is taking it badly. She doesn't want to lose her home and he doesn't want her to lose her home, either. She is still out there putting out applications. It's not like she's sitting around doing nothing, but then again, so many other people are looking for jobs, too, it's a bad situation. She is not, however, behind in her mortgage payment and I informed her that it would be 3 full months of being behind in payments before they would even start the foreclosure process.

I don't know that that made her feel any better, but it IS nice to know that if you are a month behind, they can't come and throw you out.

Meanwhile, the Army reservist tenant in my house is behind in her rent now. Go from one to another, gag. She is about to start receiving almost $1,400 per month from the military for school expenses on top of the money she makes working at Subway and also doing the monthly weekend thing in the Army reserve.

The ONLY problem I have with this lady is that she does not discuss these things with me unless I force her into the conversation. Why do I have to be the bad guy? Well, whatever, she is working and she should be paying, so, I will have to force the issue. I am guessing she wants to wait to pay the rent with the money that comes in from the military - it would just be nice if she would communicate that with me.

I now have 4 computers running off the same router, THAT is an interesting thing, because I have noticed that at times, the internet is running a bit slower. Nothing I can't deal with, I just wish Qwest would run fiber optics through my neighborhood and I would gladly pay the extra money per month for faster internet service.

Anyway, work day approaches, there is only one thing in the truck routing system for a delivery, but, that's better than nothing at all.

G'day.

ben

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...