Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday

Anonymous said...

Thursday

Crazy that it's Thursday already.

I have 2 people now intereted in the room. Unfortunately, their intended move-in date if they decided they like the place wouldn't be til' the first.



I'm sorta getting tired of people moving out at odd times during the month and am thinking about changing my move-out policy to reflect state law concerning the matter. My policy is FAR more lenient, hence no laws broken. I always just say "give me at least a week's advance notice", I'm considering saying something like move out at the end of any given month, month paid up.



Simply put, it is almost always easier to find people near the 1st of any next, given month than it is during the middle of it. Even simpler put - life would be so much easier if I didn't have to have tenants, period.



The Terrified Turtles are still - terrified. Lol. They crash into the water as soon as they see me, though the other day, one of them sat there staring at me for quite a while before he dived into the water.



There is a pond meeting (I think, gotta recheck) on Saturday. The meetings are neither interesting nor boring,I just go there for the free plants and if anyone brings some fish. I could use a serious dose of motivation in the digging department - though - I can't really do anything right now as the tire on the wheelbarrow is flat - again and this time I am not going to fix it. I will see if I can find a new tire, if not, I will have to get another wheelbarrow. I think cheap wheelbarrows aren't much more expensive, the point being, than a new tire. Ooops, I just remembered that I can probably stick a $5 inner tube in it and it will work fine. Well, I might just do that instead.



It's not as if I'm flowing with money here.



Wow. I haven't seen pirate news in a while. Way cool - U.S. marines board a ship and take control back from the pirates, subduing them without firing a single shot! Way to go, U.S. Marines!!!



Well, I was going to go into Obama, the Obamacare debacle, and the fact that now they are finally saying that this healthcare bill is NOT going to reduce costs as Obama (lied) declared, it is going to cause expenses to rise. Well no duhhhh. I mean, come on. When the government gets involved with ANYTHING, expect costs to triple. I'm still holding out hope Obamacare can be brought down, I'm not holding my breath but I still have some hope for it.



As for today, work day almost here, FINALLY something to do. Though, yesterday morning, I was up in far North Phoenix in the middle of the desert with a semi. When I turned down the "street" where they wanted me to deliver the stuff, I hesitated. It wasn't a street, more like a very narrow driveway winding around to ...... no idea. When I did turn in and got back in there, I was pretty much SOL'ed. It was going to be a LOT of back around a lot of turns. There was hardly room to unload the truck.



Well, when it finally was finished being unloaded, the non-english-speaking Hispanic worker of whom I had to use my now-dulled Spanish skills to understand what he wanted said he was going to have them build me a road, just give them a couple of minutes. ????



Sure enough, a loader and his backhoe went to work turning a huge mountain of dirt into a road that went way up and came back down again. The soil, however, was not compacted and I hesitated again about driving the rig over that stuff, but the alternative was about 1,000 feet of backing, so I went for it. Nice ride, got over it, to the end where they had rocks down to clean your tires - and the truck got stuck in the rocks. I had to sit there for half an hour digging out rocks.



But I did get it out : ) A nice old lady who saw my plight came out with a shovel. The house? Well in "good" times probably a million dollar home : )



G'day.



ben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Friday
Trailer tenants also paid, yesterday, after the guy got his Social Security check.
A lot of money? NO. But, the $125 will all go towards water bill. That guy uses a lot of water - which is no biggies to me excepting, of course, he must pay for it. They threw in an extra $25 for just such.

I don't think they are going anywhere, anytime soon. As long as he continues to work around the property and not them not be a nuisance, I don't care. I'm sure they must be sick of living in that small trailer - I can't help them on that. If they could come up with enough money, they could rent the room coming available in my house, but, they simply can't come up with that kind of money.

Marine - has the keys to his new apartment but hasn't even started moving out yet. A person was supposed to stop by and take a look at the house yesterday, another Craigslist no-show. Another guy left me his number in my email this morning to call him about the room.

2 replies to the Craigslist ad to sell out our irrigation supplies.

Just running through the stuff.

Yesterday, an interesting encounter at the bank. I'm the ONLY person in there customer-wise. I fill out the paper and start heading to the counter. A woman walks in the front door of the bank. I was much closer to the counter than she was. She sees that and starts walking very fast. I go through the wait line ropes, she bypasses that and goes directly to the counter.

I was not in the mood to get into it with anyone, so I said nothing. However, she turned towards me, acting as if she hadn't seen me - not a very good act, lady - "Oh, do you want to go first?" "You were going to do so regardless". She gets this look on her face when I said that, gets MAD and then starts BERATING me!! Starts yipping at me to put on a happy face and crap about my being in a bad mood - on and on and on. The flood gates of hell hath been unleashed. She continued to tell me how I was in a bad mood and it was starting to PUT me in a bad mood, like one where I would start dishing it back out to her.

She comes to the back of the line, informs me that I can go ahead of her. Ohhh, NOOOO, ma'am, you just go right ahead. NO. Okay, I will then. She continues with this continual line of crap and I finally tell her:"You need to stop talking or you will start HEARING my version of a bad mood".

At this point, a bank manager comes barrelling out of her office, stops in between us and starts barking at - ME!!! She guised it as doing it to both of us, but she was definitely directing her junk to me. She told me to shut up - I wasn't doing all the talking - and to stop acting like a 5 year old. NOW I was definitely getting cranky. I did, however, turn my attention to the lady behind the counter and attempted to simply ignore all of this, get my business done and get the bleep out of there. No, now the woman customer starts in on me. I raised my voice very loudly at that point and asked them BOTH to STOP IT.

It goes without saying that Compass Bank is going to lose my business, permanently. I already have an account with Chase bank. I am going to wait until everything clears, empty out that account and sianara. I called corporate, let some lady that is an "assistant to the president's office" or whatever know what happened in that branch. The customer getting stupid wasn't the complaint, I don't care about stupid people. No, the manager addressing me like that? Outrageous, especially since I wasn't the one yapping incessantly, that woman was.

Well whatever. Didn't lose any sleep over it, either. In fact, a very odd encounter considering I have had nothing but good experiences with all the people in that branch for several years now, including that manager. They know me by name.

Umm, work day approches, I'm outta here.

G'day.

ben

 So I drive up to Gurdon, unload, leave, make the 1-1/2 hour drive to Eldo, pull in the yard.  I had already spoken with the manager a littl...