Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday


Slept VERY poorly last night. No rhyme or reason, just woke up around midnight and it took hours to get back to sleep.

The new tenant is very cool. I mean, he just has a very good attitude and nothing seems to shake him up too much - so far anyway. He has some high end electronics in his room. I got a bit on the pushy side by recommending strongly that he get renter's insurance for that stuff. For $15 to $20 per month, that's pretty cheap insurance to know that all of that isn't going to disappear.

My house may have been broken into, but - they didn't bother tenant's rooms or items. Further, that new guy is at the house all day and works at night. He leaves for work after I get home from work. It sorta would make it difficult for anyone to take anything, obviously, not to mention the trailer tenants who say they go out and look anytime they hear that gate being messed with during the day while I'm at work.

Further, the word "got out to the streets" that everyone living at my place IS watching out for each other and Mark - the male side of the trailer people - sternly stated yesterday that "it's not going to happen again". At least, not as long as they are living there. Well, I hope not.

The insurance adjuster called me yesterday and asked if I was going to follow through with the claim. I said probably not - I can't prove that I actually owned any of the stuff except the video gaming consoles because I can get serial numbers and proof from Sony and Nintendo - after the deductible, what am I going to get, a couple of hundred bucks? I mean, I've heard that if the loss isn't that great, don't bother with claims because you become a liability to insurance companies that might want to dump you as a client.

This man insisted that I turn in a claim and that he would give me credit for as much as he could without proof of EVERYTHING. Okay, I'm going to do it.

My fish are having babies. Well, they lay eggs and then babies come forth. I know this because I am seeing a lot of "fry" they call them, VERY little fishies. It appears that there are at least 50 of them in there. Umm, if all of those survive, I will be giving fish away instead of trying to get them from CL all over the place. I don't really need any more fish right now. My ponds are pretty full. I wouldn't mind a few more Koi if I could find them, otherwise, I'm hoping there is at least one female in the group I have that will get sassy with a male and they can make all the little eggs they want.

Umm, time a running out. Another hot week - 107 today with "abnormally high temperatures" according to forecasters. Well, IF their forecast is correct for next week, then the temps are going to come down quite a lot with highs in the low 100's or high 90's - which is still warm but nothing as bad as 107.

Nothing in the truck routing system for us to do today - ayyyyy yai yaiiiiiiii.

G'day.
ben

No comments:

 Well, the trailer isn't terrible anyway. Dirty, I told them to wash it but it's in good shape. This is the new people. I didn't...