Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday

Friday


Mark - one of the trailer tenants - got brave yesterday and started pulled the shards of glass out of the busted windows. I didn't do it because that stuff is stuck in there - it has to be to be able to contain the argon gas between the panes. Well, you can't tell that 3 of those windows are missing panes now, the inner panes had no damage.

This was from Anthony and his rock-throwing escapade quite a while back now.

A couple of companies quoted me $75 PER WINDOW - JUST to remove the glass. Almost $250 per window to replace the glass and pump in fresh argon gas. Will I ever replace the panes? Not anytime soon is all I can say about that. I have a small savings account going right now, it's not being saved for that purpose. No, not at all.

It is being saved for one of 2 things, either a new computer or a handgun. It's at $160 right now. $300 for a "cheap" 9mm - but a computer? Well, $300 isn't really going to cut it for a good machine unless I'm buying someone's used machine off of Craigslist or something.

The best machine is one that you build yourself, that is tailored to what you use it for.

Anyway, I look at Craigslist daily for pond stuff. I really don't need anything, always looking for a pond that is shutting down. I can't believe the prices people want for Koi. I mean, they get that kind of money, it's just crazy that everyone thinks they are worth so much money. I'm estimating that my 6 Koi are worth around $500. I paid a total of $60 for them. I hope there are male and female in the mix and that they are feeling frisky, cause' I would far rather just grow my own and be done with it. There ARE a LOT of very small fish - fry - in both ponds that are established - I don't know if they are goldfish or Koi, only time will tell, and that, only if they survive the winter.

I do have heaters for the ponds now, btw, those that I got from the one pond that was being shut down.

Well, for once, I have a very busy day at work ahead of me and I must be offa here. I loaded the semi yesterday for a 7:00am delivery this morning, then downtown, then back to Queen Creek. Should consume the better part of the work day. Which is nice : )

G'day.

ben

No comments:

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...