Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wednesday 10/27/2010

Wednesday


I went to bed last night at 7:08.

Unusual even for me to go to bed THAT early. Fortunately, I slept better than the 2 nights preceding it and I think I got at least 7 hours of sleep out of it.

I don't have a lot this morning. I mean, politics is something that has captured my attention as we wind down to voting day. Reid is looking worse and worse, I'm guessing he's losing his "job" and if he does, good riddance to him. Pelosi as well. Too bad it isn't a presidential vote, I seriously doubt Obama will get a second chance at the White House, but, who knows what will happen in the 2 years that he has left to - attempt to wreck our economy even further.

More on my mind is the computer situation. In 6 days, the Army reservist has promised to pay up an entire month's rent in advance. I'm sorta juggling whether to wait and see if that actually comes to pass or not. I'm not screwed if it doesn't happen and she pays as she normally does, I just have less padding if she doesn't and I do go ahead with this computer purchase. I've already committed myself to it in buying the 1 TB hard drive yesterday. It was on sale and it was going off sale in a few days, I figured I wouldn't be as happy with a 500 Gig hard drive as I would be with a hard drive that has twice that capacity.

Halloween. I usually do nothing on Halloween, it doesn't really excite me. I have no plans on this one, either. I don't even give out candy. The lights are darkened and I just stay home. I figure I do enough for people and spending $50 on stuff to make kids even fatter than they already are doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. Plus, I'm not a big fan of witches, witchcraft, sorcery and the like. No, Christmas is the holiday I look forward to.

Anyway, work day approaches, there is nothing to do in the truck routing system, I sincerely hope that something comes up to do before work day's end.

ben

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thursday

The Beggar Bashers. That's what I'm calling them. They are people who go on certain Craigslist boards and just REAM - ANYONE - that goes on there asking for help, even if it's only asking for food. I decided to take a stand against these "people" and got reamed for doing so. Lol. But now, the beggar bashers branding is taking hold and others are catching onto it. If people want to ask for help, let them! If no-one helps them, oh well!

Just thought I'd throw that in there. I occasionally help people with food - not money - but haven't really been doing it in the last several months as my electric bills soared and water usage also went through the roof.

I had thoughts of doing something for Thanksgiving, undecided on that one. Some years I have cooked a couple of turkeys and all the fixings and given it out to the poor people who are living in my own community - there are PLENTY of poor folks around there. I'm as of yet undecided about tripping down to dad's place for Thanksgiving or going down there for Christmas. Caleb is the key factor here- I would rather he go with, he doesn't get to see his grandpa much, he's growing up and soon, he simply won't have time for it. Get out of high school and go into college, plus working? Free time will be very limited.

I've pretty much given in to the fact that I won't even be seeing him that much, let alone anyone else. He's growing up, he's a good kid, his life seems to be taking a good course, that's all I can ask, the rest I have to pray and ask God for.

Umm, well I got off track there, now didn't I? I tend to do that, lol. Anyway, get closer to Thanksgiving and I will be forced to make a decision.

Which also poses another "problem". I have been hearing that Black Friday might just net some crazy deals on computer components. That's quite a ways off, though, like almost a month. I'm not sure I want to wait that long, number one and number two, even if I do, will they have what I want on sale?

That kind of threw my plans into chaos as I started wondering if I was going to miss some incredible deals.

Whatever the case, the work day approaches and I must be offa here.

G'day.

ben

Fijufic said...

I haven't seen the beggars or bashers. I'll have to check that out.

take the money if it comes in up front. I always pay my stuff before it is due. One time I rented while we were building a house and I offered to pay 6 months in advance but she declined.

I paid her at the end of every month in person and visited with her. In fact, our landlord lived nextdoor. She was sad to see us leave because we were constantly improving the property. Nice lady...

BenB said...

In renting out rooms, I really wouldn't want to take that much money's worth in advance. You have no idea whether it's a good fit. Renting an entire house would be a completely different situation, I wouldn't have to live in the same house with the person. Most people moving in here are simply not in the position to be able to pay that much in advance. Maybe on a couple of occasions can I think of anyone like that coming in here.
I replied to you guys wanting to be Facebook friends but the reply seems to have disappeared?!! I'm all for it!

BenB said...

Lol, btw, who WOULDN'T be sad to see a tenant leaving that is leaving the house in better condition that when they moved in?

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...