Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wednesday

Bonus day.
Insurance company called on the theft - I get some money, not a whole lot. Better than nothing is all I could say to the insurance agent as the amount I am getting is enough to buy a used PS3, screw the Wii as I am not getting another one of those, the door in my bedroom is about $75 to replace and the gun was just a collector's piece.

Someone basically has a gun they cannot use, or if they do, it may blow up in their face. What they're giving me almost covers everything - almost, sort of. I mean, if I bought it all used instead of new, then yes, it comes close.

Oh well. One of those kids is now wanted for breaking into someone's car in my neighborhood on top of stealing that stuff from my house. That would be Darnell, the black kid down the street who, basically, needs a real attitude adjustment. I know just the thing to accomplish that - but - I would end up in jail since he's a minor and beating up a minor is hardly legal. No, instead, I will just watch this situation play itself out.

He is obviously continuing his thieving ways and as is the case with most thieves, you eventually get caught. I do not, however, want to see him walking up and down my street, ever. Period. He has not done that, but if I catch him anywhere near my house, it's going to get ugly. I can't really DO anything, but I can unleash some "kind" verbage.

So, am I going to buy another PS3? Honestly? With the help of my son (he has a job), we have already replaced it with an older, used version that I found on Craigslist, cheap. When not in use, it is left in the trailer tenant's - trailer. One of them is always there, no chance of it getting stolen. I think if anything else gets stolen by those punk kids, a switch is going to flip inside of me and I am not going to care what the consequences are. We're already at 2 breakin's, the 3rd would be the charm.

Anyway, getting off of the subject because yes, it is not very pleasant or uplifting, I got that pond in the ground yesterday. I mean, I have it pretty much the way it needs to be. I am going to take it out one more time, level off the bottom a bit more, put the liner inside of it and start filling it with water. If it appears level, done deal. That will free me up to finish other things and also to start on that electrical outlet project. I'm going to get a separate breaker box, put at least 2 15 amp breakers in it, maybe 3 and have at least 9 outlets coming off of it. The line feeding it is coming off the AC unit - plenty big enough to handle whatever.
Oh, so what to do with that insurance money. Well, first there's the bonus money, but I think I'm going to put a couple hundred in savings and the rest can finish getting caught up on bills. The insurance money will not quite cover a new computer, at least not the one I'm looking at, but it will come close. My old dinosaur computer continues to drive me crazy, it shuts itself off in the middle of doing something, just bizarre behavior. It's telling me it's sinking and I better get something to replace it and soon.

Now, I don't HAVE to have a new one, but I do want one with at least 8 gigs of ram and minimum dual core
processor. Buying it used, obviously, would allow me to buy something much better as long as it's in good condition. Used as in no more than a couple of years old, not 12 years old like the thing I am currently using.

HOW that machine has lasted THAT long with as much use as it gets, who knows.

That's that. I have lots of things in the financial pot that I either want to do or need to take care of and it sometimes consumes my thinking to the point I am not even cognizant of where I am or what I am doing. But, I have been that way all of my life- getting so consumed with thought that you become totally unaware of what's going on around you.

I have, on numerous occasions, come out of those trances only to find myself staring, totally unintentionally, at someone and they - looking back at me with a rather odd expression. Yes, well I probably would react the same way, lol.

As for today's work, there is a slew of stuff to do in there. Yesterday was good for working, too - I was busy ALL day long running around all over the place in both the pickup truck and the semi. Today is all semi stuff. Plus I need to re-run the ads on Craigslist for the stuff my company wants me to sell off for them. One guy is considering buying ALL of it and if he does, I get a $250 "spiff" they are calling it.

Anyway, I have a few minutes left before work and I want to read about the miners getting freed, the race in California where an aid called the opposing candidate a whore and apparently the GOP is going to spend more money on ads than - ever. I mean, how MUCH money do these people HAVE for this stuff? And what kind of mud-slinging will we be subjected to? I find that stuff to be a turnoff, frankly, get elected on the basis of your own merits, history and accomplishments. Alright, there is a place where I can see if someone has done something so bad or - as imo Obama in writing off the majority of the American public in forcing through health care even though most of us said no to it - totally dissing the electorate, then yes, that should be brought up. However, if you follow this stuff at all, you don't NEED it brought up, it is quite fresh in your memory and probably isn't going onto a memory shelf anytime soon, or, at least, until the next Presidential campaign comes,goes and hopefully a totally new president in there.

G'day.

ben

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thursday

Anthony's mother calls me last night.
Was NOT expecting that one. She starts telling me how Anthony did not steal anything from my house - on and on and on. I reply I have him on video surveillance, a tenant witnessed him in there but forgot to tell here that one of his best friends also fingered him in the deal.

Anthony was with her, cussing in the back ground, calling me names and this and that. THAT portion of it was NOT unexpected. I was surprised, however, it his mother's calmness. She usually goes into a tantrum and starts cussing and getting mad. After I listened to all of this, I asked what the point of the phone call was.

Apparently they didn't want me calling the police. Too late and meaningless, the police aren't doing anything about this, I am getting an insurance check, that's it. There's nothing else to say. This conversation went back and forth for a while, I bid her well and got off of the phone. Contrary to rumors spread around the neighborhood, they are NOT living in an apartment somewhere, they are still homeless.

I can't possibly fathom the depths of earthly hell it must be to have THAT many people living in a hotel room. It's hard to understand how they are allowed to have that many people in there. The family itself is 10 people, but there are ALWAYS relatives and friends living with them.

Anyway, I just washed my hands of it, he is NOT coming back to my house, not that they said he wanted to, she wanted me to speak to Anthony. NOT. I could plainly hear him cussing me out in the background and calling me an idiot and other little lovelies, why on earth would I want to subject myself to that? No thanks.

Anonymous said...

Onto other things. I was going to start filling the big pond up with water yesterday, but I put that to a halt. This weekend I will do it. First I will put a little bit of fresh tap water in there and see if it's going to be level (or close enough anyway). If so, fill it up some more, to about the halfway point. When I get it there, it will be at the shelf point. The shelves are there for water plants.

If it still looks good, then I am going to pump the water from the other pond into it. It really isn't good, or so the experts proclaim, to be dumping fish into fresh water that isn't "aged". I dunno. I think that's for larger ponds where dumping additives into the water doesn't work because you would need too much of it. I have Pond Start which relieves shock and removes toxins or something like that. It's a small bottle but it doesn't take much with only 300 gallons.

I do hope this Reid/Angle debate is shown nationwide today, because I REALLY want to see this. It should be QUITE entertaining, especially if Reid makes another blunder - which he does frequently and regularly, like clockwork, in saying something racist, outrageous or just plain stupid. I have no interest in either one of them, I just think it will be wildly entertaining viewing. The polls show a dead heat and the unemployment rate in Las Vegas - where it's being held - is 14.4%. Give it another 5% and it's at Depression Era rates.

Meanwhile, the mortgage debacle continues to grow. Referring to procedural rules that apparently were ignored by those rubber-stamping foreclosures, pushing them through and forcing people out of their homes. Now, it appears, these people that were forced out have legitimate grief to be hacked out in the court system. This will get very interesting because of the ousted homeowners start winning these cases, WHAT is going to happen NEXT in all of this?

Nice to see all those miners got out alive and in relatively good condition. Shell shock coming out of that hole after 2 months of being stuck in it? Can't imagine. No wonder they have had psychologists and other experts helping them through the whole process.

Well, work day approaches. Nothing in the routing system to do, unfortunately, but, perhaps it will change - one can hope : )

G'day.

ben

Anonymous said...

Take care and have a blessed day, Ben!

d.

Fijufic said...

That whole family needs help. That young man needs some discipline and he is so very lost Ben. He is going to wind up in jail and ruin his life all because he has nothing.

He deserves to go to jail but he deserved to have a better life before it came to this.

Simply awful. I will pray for him.

I know you are angry and rightfully so. He is a problem for society if he does not turn his life around Ben. I do not get a good feeling about this young lad.

Bobby

BenB said...

Thanks, Doanli, you too!

Hiya Bobby
Prayer is always a good thing. My anger has subsided quite a lot since these 2 breakins occured. What would make me REALLY angry is if it happened again. Mark in the trailer is attempting to make sure that doesn't happen. That guy helps out around my place quite a lot since I am only charging him and his girl $25 per week to cover utilities. They are here most of the time and have agreed to watch the place - actually they offered and I immediately accepted that offer.

Anthony is to quite a large degree a victim of us upbringing. That family is homeless again, living in hotels and probably in a car when they can't afford a hotel.

Rightfully, you don't have a good feeling about him. He is an angry person, always angry and carries out violence when he's in that mindframe which is quite frequent. I've washed my hands of him, I no longer have the desire to help that family out in any way, shape or form. It's gone on for 6 years - though - finally - last night, Denise (their mother) DID thank me several times for all the help I have given them over the years.

ben

 Thursday mid-morning No point leaving here until around 10:00 am.  The load time is 1 and I can show up maybe an hour early without them ge...