Thursday, November 18, 2010

Feeling QUITE Under The Weather

...........and considering the weather is absolutely beautiful, it makes it that much worse.

I left work after I finished whatever there was to be done at 10:30 am.  I have PLENTY of sick hours, so no biggies there.  I felt like throwing up all morning long, then my head started feeling woozy and now?  I just got up from an almost 2-hour nap.  Do I feel any better?

NO, is the definitive statement on that situation.  Worse, my sister-in-law is coming over to give me 2 Koi in about half an hour.  She is desperate to get rid of them, so I am not going to say no, but I am also not going to be very much into a lengthy social interaction, either.  She wants some goldfish in exchange - I offered - but at this point, I have absolutely NO desire to try and catch fish.

Oh well.  I found out today that several people at our main branch have also come down sick - they didn't show up for work. I am going to show up to work tomorrow morning unless I feel REALLY bad because, it's the last day before my 8 days off.  I can usually force myself through a work day when sick, but I also don't want to spread it around to anyone.

In the latest news - like just now - the female tenant that lost her last waitering job - just lost the new job, too.
She took a nap and overslept.  I dunno about any of that, but if she stays current on rent, which she has without any full-time job, instead,working for  a company doing house-cleaning, it doesn't bother me.  I mean, doesn't it stand to reason that if you are due to show up at work at a certain time, you are going to do whatever it takes to GET there on time?  Like, set an alarm clock?

My sister-in-law finally arrived.  I am not feeling well, at all.  I had no desire to deal with it, I love the fish setup out there, but most things take a back seat when I am sick.  Just focus on getting better and then I'll get back to the things that I like to do.  Her 2 Koi are about 5 inches long, very colorful, nice looking fish.  I put them in the water and they were swimming around in there like they were in heaven.   I offered her some goldfish, she would only take one of them.  I offered her a plecostomus - I have too many - she took one.  All of them are VERY large - I thought maybe a bit too large for her tank.  I asked her to let me know if it was showing signs of stress in there as I would take it back if so.

We got into a conversation anyway- I don't like being rude even if I feel like s*** - I heard a story that I had never heard about her.  Her ex-husband had shot her 5 times at close range with a .45 caliber handgun in 1998.  A long story, but my gosh.  How do you live at close range with holes the size of baseballs in you?  She was in a coma for a month and a half and said it cost her company - Boeing - 3 million dollars in the end to deal with all the expenses she incurred.

Nice company that will eat that kind of expense.  My company doesn't have a limit, either.  Most companies have a million dollar limit and it's over.

Anyway, that's over.  I can't remember the last time I have felt this bad, hope it doesn't last too long.

ben

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friday

Well this work day won't get over with fast enough.
I am feeling better, but not enough to say I really wanted to get out of bed this morning and rush right on down to work.

Whatever plans I may have had for this weekend are shot down unless I come back to life here. Of course, I am also starting an 8 day off vacation, so, I have plenty of recovery time available : )

I sent my mom a bouquet of flowers - an "Autumn" bunch, which were supposed to arrive 2 days ago. Yesterday morning, I called her and she said she hadn't received anything.

I called the florist - they had sent me an email saying that "your flowers have been delivered" - all bright and airy. The guy put me on hold and said he would call them to find out what happened.

Well, it turns out, my mom wasn't home so they left them at the house next door (note that I specifically put on the instructions, of which they give the option, to leave at the doorstep). I didn't give them a hard time, though, I just said thanks and called mom back: your package is at the next door neighobrs. I didn't tell her what they were, sort of a Thanksgiving type of arrangement that looked pretty sweet on the page.

The next morning, the man of the house that lives over there brought the flowers over to her. Mom was exuberant, to say the least. Orange roses. Never heard of them, I didn't see orange roses in that arrangment, which also has all kinds of other flowers in it. Do they have orange roses now? I guess so!

I didn't know my mother loves to receive packages so much. She kept going on about how much she loves that kind of thing. Have to remember that for Christmas, lol.

Umm, so work day is almost here. Some running around to do in pickups and one delivery. Gonna try to make it the entire day's worth, but no guarantees.

G'day.

ben

Fijufic said...

Hope you feel better...

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better.

Holy sh*it @ the .45 part.

Wouldn't it be the insurance company that pays for her medical expenses though? Assuming she was covered under Boeing's plan.

Puma

Pastor Larry said...

Praying for you

Dorrie said...

get well, boy! And try to enjoy your off days!

BenB said...

Puma, I am assuming it was Boeing's health insurance that covered her. However, every company has a limit - or not - that I know of. Most I have encountered have a million dollar limit, you hit that and your health insurance becomes neutered, you aren't getting any more benefits. My company does not have a ceiling on it, they will pay whatever to make you better again or do whatever it takes. I guess Boeing is the same way, which is a good thing.

Thanks, Pastor!

Yes and thank you Dorrie, I am hoping to get fully over this in the next day or 2. But, at least, I don't HAVE to do anything!
ben

yanmaneee said...

kate spade outlet
supreme clothing
michael kors
adidas gazelle
nike air max
balenciaga speed trainer
supreme clothing
christian louboutin shoes
coach outlet store online
zx flux

 Sunday - early 20 minutes until departure time.  I don't much care for delivery on Sundays for it takes a while to get security to the ...