Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Monday 12/20/2010

Monday
4-day work week, since Christmas falls on a Saturday, Friday is off. So, it's Tuesday already!

My mother wrote me an email yesterday asking if I was coming to Christmas. This apparently isn't going to stop. I told her that I had an exchange with my brother, he's still playing his games, I'm not going to be there. I can stop by the day before or the day after if she'd like. 

My brother doesn't want to deal with his statements that I am evil, "just like dad" - to him that is a bad thing, and other malicious statements that lead me to believe that my presence at a Christmas "celebration" at his house would only turn into a disaster, as I will not just stand there and take his verbal assaults. I would just leave. This, in turn, would ruin Christmas for mother if no-one else, might as well just let the negativity fall in place beforehand. I don't really care one way or the other if I am there or not. In fact, I wish they would just let it go at this point - unless my brother wants to deal with the verbal altercation that occured.

He does not. Apparently, his idea of dealing with something like that is to get out the shovel, dig a hole and bury it, acting as if nothing ever happened. 

Whatever. It's only 3 minutes before work starting time, I was reading a lot of news before getting to this - NK apparently has backed down, Obama is going to face a tough campaign due to redistricting, a pipeline blew up in Mexico because of thieves attempting to steal whatever is going through that pipe, on and on. Even a story about Santa Clause was pretty negative stuff. Bookings are down. Santa charging $200 per hour? That's quite a lot of money, if you ask me, but you didn't.

So, that's it, the work day is here.......
g'day.

ben

2 comments:

Fijufic said...

Any chance you can patch things up with your brother? I know the words hurt but if you confront them openly then perhaps you can salvage your relationship with your brother...

Perhaps it is best to figure out why he talks like that in the 1st place. It would be obvious to everyone quickly that he is wrong if he is wrong. You need to sort this out with your brother.

Ben, your mother is asking you to be there.

Your mother is a higher power than you and your brother combined.

Just don't respond to your brother and instead ask him why he feels that way....Don't get angry.

This has the potential of being a healing moment....Yes, I care.

Merry Christmas,

Bobby

Fin said...

Bobby - recently it looks like you have tapped into a 'higher power' yourself. The words we have been reading from you all over the 'net are just inspired. Goodonya man!

 Thursday mid-morning No point leaving here until around 10:00 am.  The load time is 1 and I can show up maybe an hour early without them ge...