Saturday, December 11, 2010

Saturday 12/11/2010

So, did they get it?  Did Washington come the conclusion that we don't want them spending more money?

NO, is the definitive answer, they did NOT.  Another almost TRILLION dollar bill that is getting loaded with useless junk.  $857,000,000.00 was the "current" estimate and it sounds like even more is going to be loaded into it.

Nope, they didn't get the message.  We cannot continue to spend this kind of money, period.  This kind of spending is, in a word: unsustainable.  This isn't what I voted for last month.  I don't know what the House is going to do with this bill, but - if they don't vote it down and quash it, smash it and pulverize it, then no, they definitely didn't get the message and -- what are voters supposed to do?

Some economists are making statements that eventually, this whole thing is going to crash.  We will end up in financial/monetary crisis and then what?  The collapse of our government?   How does government function without money?  You think employees are going to work for free?  I'm just musing here - what kind of low is it going to take to "get there" - to have our hand forced back on us?  How about if China stops buying all the bonds?  I'm all for getting it over with.  Simply meaning that when our hand is forced back on us, there will be no choice but to incorporate massive cuts in government spending.

If the current House doesn't stop this madness, then the only truth that has prevailed all along anyway is:  it doesn't matter who you vote for, it all ends up with the same outcome: spend, spend, spend like there's no tomorrow.

I'm not sorry to say that I am disgusted and repulsed by the actions of these irresponsible, selfish, greedy people that are running our government.  I will still hold out a glimmer of hope to see what the House does with this garbage.

Off of that subject, company Christmas party today.  I haven't started on cutting anything up - but that's intentional, I was waiting until sometime this morning to start that process.  I am going to slice up all the cheese and put them individually in plastic storage bags to be transported in such fashion to the party, which is about 50 miles away.  I guess I am going to have to use a cooler, too, since the high today is slated at 80 degrees, which is too warm to just let cheese sit out.  I figure to put out a platter with the stuff, but not all of it and replenish it as time moves forward during the party if needed.  That way, my expensive cheese won't go bad and perhaps I'll be bringing some of it back home with me.

Ummm, a lot of time passed.  Cut up everything that needed cutting, went up to the store for another 2 dips - they were on manager special, normally $4.99, $1.59 today - meaning it probably only has a couple more days shelf life before expiring.

Gotta get ready to go - later!

ben

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...