Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday 12/19/2010 6 Days Til' Christmas

The Playstation 3 stopped working yesterday.  It had the "Yellow Light Of Death" going.  Meaning you try to turn it on, the green light comes one, followed by the yellow light, followed by the red light, where it stays red.  Caleb comes out "just telling you" that it's broken.  Well whooopdie doo.  I don't have $150 to be spending on that machine in sending it to Sony to get it fixed.  That's what they charge, a flat rate of $150. Whatever's wrong wtih it, that's what it's going to cost. $80 of that money is just to get it there and back via Fed Ex.

Screw that.  After that happened last time with the now-stolen PS3, I found people in Craigslist that say they can fix them.  I found one that fixes the YLOD for a flat rate of $45 yesterday.  We took it over there.  About 8 hours later, Caleb went and got the thing and we now have a functioning PS3 again.  My dad sent him a Christmas gift of $75, guess who's getting $45 of that?  Yes, indeedy, me, for getting that thing fixed.  He played it all night long, so I'm assuming he thought it worth the money to fix.

I wrote my brother back after he sent me a reply correcting me and telling me what Christmas is and what it isn't.  Not feeling to good about this situation, I told him such.  What's going to happen when we're in the same room and - he wants to open his mouth and let all kinds of s*** come out of it.  He hasn't responded.  I don't really care anyway, I doubt we are going to go unless Caleb wants to go by himself.  He isn't apologizing for saying the things he did to me, I take that as a bad sign, like, show up and WWIII is going to start. Who needs it.

Well, my Christmas tree is up, but I need lights for it.  Gonna have to go through all that stuff out back and hopefully find enough working strands to get it lit up nicely.

I was also out there yesterday going away at grass and some overgrown plants - I am just cutting them way back down and try to figure out what is the correct way to prune them after they start growing again to get them looking nice.

Fishies are doing nicely as well.  Hummingbirds - LOTS of them - coming to my property and feasting both on the feeder mixture and the Honeysuckle flowers.  Pretty cool to see so many different colored versions of them. Plus, there are 2 I guess that are mated cause' they never come alone, they always come with each other to feed.

Today?  I'm going to spend some more time out there cutting down some plants that need cut back.  It's actually quite relaxing and enjoyable.  It may not sound that way, but that's exactly what it is.  I also want to get something for my dad and send that out for Christmas - it's only 200 miles away if I get it sent out by Monday it should easily arrive in time.  I got the Omaha steaks for my oldest brother yesterday - at GREATLY reduced price plus free shipping, $30 at least less than what I spent on the same thing last year.  Caleb?  I am going to find a few small things so he has something to open at Christmas, but, I have spent more than enough money on that car and that's really going to have to suffice as a "major" present this year.

Happy Sunday.

ben

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monday
4-day work week, since Christmas falls on a Saturday, Friday is off. So, it's Tuesday already!

My mother wrote me an email yesterday asking if I was coming to Christmas. This apparently isn't going to stop. I told her that I had an exchange with my brother, he's still playing his games, I'm not going to be there. I can stop by the day before or the day after if she'd like.

My brother doesn't want to deal with his statements that I am evil, "just like dad" - to him that is a bad thing, and other malicious statements that lead me to believe that my presence at a Christmas "celebration" at his house would only turn into a disaster, as I will not just stand there and take his verbal assaults. I would just leave. This, in turn, would ruin Christmas for mother if no-one else, might as well just let the negativity fall in place beforehand. I don't really care one way or the other if I am there or not. In fact, I wish they would just let it go at this point - unless my brother wants to deal with the verbal altercation that occured.

He does not. Apparently, his idea of dealing with something like that is to get out the shovel, dig a hole and bury it, acting as if nothing ever happened.

Whatever. It's only 3 minutes before work starting time, I was reading a lot of news before getting to this - NK apparently has backed down, Obama is going to face a tough campaign due to redistricting, a pipeline blew up in Mexico because of thieves attempting to steal whatever is going through that pipe, on and on. Even a story about Santa Clause was pretty negative stuff. Bookings are down. Santa charging $200 per hour? That's quite a lot of money, if you ask me, but you didn't.

So, that's it, the work day is here.......
g'day.

ben

Anonymous said...

Tuesday

I have reason to believe on of my tenants is moving out - without actually saying he's moving out. A rather elongated discussion with Lynn (trailer tenant) yesterday revealed that he was moving a LOT of stuff out of his (the tenant that may be moving out) yesterday.

This individual told me he was going to hang out with a cousin that is visiting from Alabama and then he was going back to Alabama for Christmas and wouldn't be back until the 4th, I think it was, of next month. I won't be waiting that long to post a notice of abandonment on his door, since he owes me rent for this week.

Some people are that way, just leave, don't give any kind of notice. It's hard to start running room rental ads when you don't know when, exactly the person is going to completely vacate the room. Hence the need to post an abandonment notice.

Umm, so, I am bracing myself for the eventuality - maybe very soon, of having a room vacated and having to try and find another tenant. Not a great time for something like this to be happening, but, worse has happened.

Well, work day got here before I knew it.

G'day.

ben

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...