Saturday, March 5, 2011

Friday 3/4/2011

Friday

Got home from work yesterday, got out of the car and...........smelled the smell of burnt wood. That such of wood that has burned and is wet. Walked into my side yard - same smell. 

The house also still smelled. I opened the windows on the other side of the house, by this morning that smell was gone, thankfully, but not outside. I don't know if, when it dries out, it will stop smelling so much. I do remember that the day after my house burned down, the wonderful City of Phoenix had already slapped a notice on the house. Fix or demolish. 

He - my neighbor - had JUST gotten home before I got home from work. He was not in a good way. It was sad to watch him break down in tears. I have no idea what kind of settlement the insurance company gave him, they also showed up shortly thereafter.

I don't have much more time this morning - I did not get a late start getting out of bed but, I must have stayed in the shower too long this morning. Plus, when I came out to get on my computer at the house, the "kid" tenant was on the old computer. I announced quite forcefully that he needed to vacate the area immediately as I only have a few minutes in the morning to check things online and then get to work. He said something, to which I stated "I only have a few minutes". He got off. 

I dunno where this kid's mind is at sometimes, especially when using someone else's computer. It is not a part of the rental agreement. He has not been pushing it at all, lately, after we went a spate of rounds of head-butting. My house, my rules, my computer. Not sorry. But, to have to deal with that kind of thing first thing in the morning? 

Well, it isn't going to ruin my day by any stretch of the imagination.

However, time is up.

With that, I bid you....
g'day.

ben

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...