Saturday, March 5, 2011

Tuesday 3/1/2011

Tuesday

I continue to read the news about the standoff in Wisconsin between the governor and the unions. I hope the governor stands his ground and starts a nationwide trend: the gravy train is over. The more I read about the absurd amounts of perks and benefits these people get simply because of "collective bargaining rights" - well, I can only say I'm glad Walker has the intestinal fortitude to, so far, stand up to them.

Nothing much new going on. I came home yesterday from work and took a look at the hummingbird nest. She was in there, keeping those eggs warm. There are 2 tiny eggs in it. She wasn't looking too comfortable with me coming up too close, but, I just wanted to see if she was still tending to those eggs. It seems awfully early in the season for a bird to be nesting eggs? It's still quite cold outside, I thought this stuff occured in spring or even summer. What do I know, lol. It will be very interesting to see if the eggs are hatched and what happens with the hatchlings.

Our store posted the best month in quite a long time in terms of sales for February. I hauled $331,000 worth of materials all over the place on the semi, delivering the stuff to mostly new construction job sites. The only downside to that number is the GP - it wasn't really that high. That's the salesmen's fault - or liability - or whatever you wanna call it. We have nothing to do with how much profit they are going to make off of anything, but 13% isn't really all that great.

Off to the races, I don't feel much like writing this morning for whatever reason.

G'day.

ben

No comments:

 Thursday morning It’s almost 9:00 am and they are just starting on finding parts after calling them to see where they’re at with this. They...