Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday 4/1/2011

Friday

Let me note something here about the cat post I made yesterday: the guy threatening my tenants and I does not own any cats. The neighborhood ferals apparently like to go over there - which is great, let him take them into his home while he's at it!

I attempted to get that guy to come out of his house yesterday, he wasn't budging.

Next: The newest tenant calls me yesterday evening. I'm thinking, what now? I don't get calls from tenants unless something's going on - usually something in the negative range of things. Well, what he wanted was something we had already discussed, so no biggies there. He wanted to bring his girlfriend up from Tucson and have her move in with him. Yes, for a price, and additional $100 per month to cover extra utility usage. I have had these arrangements before and generally have not had any problems with it - but - there's always a first time. That's a done deal already, she's there and whatever. Another body to stuff the house with, I don't really care as long as it doesn't turn into a problem.

Obama. I am quite sure I will never figure this guy out. We are now pulling our fighter jets out of Libya and stopping the air combat? What IS this guy's deal? We don't go in and then just pull out. I hope the French don't do the same. I read something somewhere that defines Obama very well: He is NOT a leader. That pretty much sums him up. Look at his inability to do anything about getting Congress to come up with a budget that is agreeable to both sides. He hemmed and hawed about Libya until after the French went in and started it for us. The health care bill was largely forced through by Reid and Pelosi. Obama had closed door meetings, yes, but I don't really give him the credit for that bill, not that I think there is anything good about it anyway. It's just another unsustainable act of the federal government to take over something in the private sector that the government shouldn't be meddling with. But, I've thought this all along: he doesn't have any balls and it shows, glaringly.

End of work week is finally here. For whatever reason, yesterday felt like Friday. Today just feels like another work day. One thing to do in the truck routing system and that's it.

My great plans for the weekend include the same thing I have been doing for 3 weekends in a row: dealing with weeds, grass and pruning back, carefully, dead branches on trees and plants. (We'll be open in 13 minutes, I am thinking to myself as the DC truck is now backing into the driveway, undoubtedly wanting to come in here and have me stop what I am doing and deal with that, even though I am not on the clock - front door locked this time, thank you).

Oh, this weekend I will also be pulling everything out of my walk-in closet, going through all of it and undoubtedly chucking some stuff. The reason? Well, yes it does need cleaned out, but I am also looking for some paperwork dealing with the tax issues for 2007. I don't HAVE to have them, but I would like them for back up. They are replaceable, I guess, but at no small amount of aggravation. I am pretty sure they are in there somewhere, just have to go through everything, clean it up and deal with the mess. Yes, it's the one place in my house where the "hoarding" mentality sort of took over. I hope to have that situation dealt with by the end of Sunday. There are clothes in there - bags of them - that need to go to Goodwill; my tools are in disarray, that's where I keep them so they won't "disappear"; and lots of other stuff in there as well. Plus, hopefully, that tax information. Otherwise, I will have to call the company that dealt with the payments concerning that issue and have to pay them $15 to get it for me, but only if the IRS demands that paperwork or calls me in for an audit.

Other than that, life is grand. My mother is finally getting over the sickness that pretty much took her down for over a week; my dad is full fledged into moving to Tucson; my brothers I have no clue and don't care; my relatives on the east coast I have found out through an email my dad sent out to all of them are planning a reunion in August, of which I have serious doubts I will want to go to, even IF I have the money to pay for such a venture.

That's it!

Have a great day! (unless you are that obese neighbor that thinks you are god of the street we live on [and no, it wouldn't surprise me if he somehow found this site, so if you are reading this: PISS OFF!]).

ben

No comments:

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...