Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tuesday 4/13/2011

Tuesday

Didn't work yesterday and got caught up in several things so - forgot to even write an entry.
One thing I got caught up in was the truck - work semi that is. My manager calls and tells me, late afternoon, that he had called the repair shop who informed him they couldn't fix the AC and couldn't do the DOT inspection because the trailer had a flat tire.

Excuse me? What kind of repair facility can't fix AC systems? They guaranteed us that they could!! And what nitwit working for a huge facility would come back and say because there is a flat tire the inspection can't be done? CALL A FREAKING TIRE COMPANY TO COME OUT AND FIX THE TIRE, THEN FINISH THE FREAKING INSPECTION.

Oh my gosh!!! I couldn't believe this nonsense I was hearing on the phone.

So, after all was said and done - and I made phone calls to the sales rep that handles our account - they call in a tire truck, fix the tire and complete the inspection. They cannot, however, fix the AC. I wasn't too happy about this guy's claim that they could, indeed, fix it and then find out they don't have the electronic equipment to figure out what's wrong with it. 2 days down, I informed him, for nothing? He did a 2-step, not a very fancy one, either. In other words, don't take responsibility for your own words, what a way to deal with customers.

So now - the AC still doesn't work and I have to go over there, get the truck and drive it all day long in what will start to get to be heated conditions, going up into the 90's later this week.

Well, anyway, I came into work this morning, got on my email and found that that tax company had finished the documents and it is ready to print. What a load of paperwork!! This isn't a 2 page EZ, this is 10 pages of whatever! Well, I will be sending that in - tomorrow probably, I have other things I have to get done today after work. Plus I still have to go get the proof of the fire from downtown.

The sticking point on this return is the claims for the destroyed contents of the house. If the IRS wants me to PROVE that I had a couch, a guitar, this that and the other thing, then this is going to get dicey. I have no such proof. Do you have proof of everything that is in your house? I guess I ought to think about taking pics of everything in my current house and uploading it online to HAVE such proof for insurance or tax information, if it ever came to that again.

So, 2 jets collide at an airport. That's crazy. Just taxiing they have an accident? My real interest is this news blip about the new 747 - what a behometh that thing is!! I have always been in love with that airplane ever since I was a little boy and getting my first ride on one between Pittsburgh and Phoenix. That thing was huge - and it was maybe 20% full on that flight. The only bummer was that I was sick - REALLY sick - that was when I also found out I am allergic to Pennicillin. Hives all over my body, 2 weeks of deathly ill nauseau and throwing up and all that fun stuff : ) such wonder memories, lol.

Ummm, time's up for today.

G'day.

ben

No comments:

 Thursday mid-morning No point leaving here until around 10:00 am.  The load time is 1 and I can show up maybe an hour early without them ge...