Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday 6/17/2011

Another announcement of the same nature as of the other day's entry:

ARIZONA IS ON FIRE

The "Monument" fire is burning out of control, the Wallow fire is starting to see some containment - but damage already done, the Horseshoe 2 fire and I believe there are some smaller fires.

The question is, what is this place going to look like after our "pristine" forests are all burnt up?

The next question, at least for me, is: is there any validity to the numerous statements coming from all over the place that the forest is being mismanaged and has been mismanaged for some time now? This relates to various lawsuits filed that basically shut down logging in numerous forests, which, in turn and according to these people, eliminated the work that those loggers did to clear out forests and thin them.

The statements are that that forests are too thick - too many trees and that's what is causing these fires to be able to propogate so quickly.

It will be interesting to see what, if anything, becomes of this in the politcal circus arena.

Call 911 my @$$, changing the subject, if I see a kid or a pet in a car that has been left unattended, I'm busting out the window of that car and THEN I'll call the police. A local news story - police warning parents and pet owners to NOT leave them in a hot car. The proof was in the pudding: they had a car with the windows closed, the temp inside that car got up to over 140 degrees.

I've already busted out a window once and I'll do it again if it comes to it. The car owner isn't going to say ANYTHING to me about it, either. 10 kids have already died in hot cars this year - though none in AZ according to this story.

Well, I am over 7 hours over on hours this week. That puts me at not showing up for work today, although, lol, obviously I am going to work, in fact I am there now writing this before I log in. I imagine a short day cause they aren't going to want me going over 40. That would put me at getting off at 11:00am at the latest.

Anyway, have a great day!

ben

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...