Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How Hard Can This BE?!!!!

So, I tried renewing my Dane's county licenses online. That was yesterday.
The county has them on record as being unaltered, they charge you WAY more in fees for unaltered dogs.
I am not paying that fee because I shouldn't HAVE to by THEIR own rules.

The site gave me the option to remove the unaltered status, and I went through all of that, but in the end? The unaltered fees wouldn't go away.

I had spoken with someone on the phone about this awhile back, just "check the box" and you don't have to pay the higher fee.

So, today, actually I got home just now, I decided to get this over with. I went TO the county east side animal shelter to pay the fees, get the new tags or whatever they do and be done with it. Nothing doing, apparently.

I told the lady at the counter that I wanted to renew their licenses, had tried online but it wouldn't remove the unaltered status on either of them. She asked me if I had proof that they had been altered. No, but, I replied, I had it done through YOUR (the county's) Big Fix program, surely you can look it up through there if nothing else.

No. She asked me for some other paper which I didn't have and don't have anywhere.

She then asked me if they were outside. I gave her a startled look. "You think I'm going to bring my dogs down here to sit in a hot car in 108 degree temperature outside which will get up to around 135 degrees inside the car?!!". This didn't phase her in the slightest. Well, I can't do anything for you then. I then brought up the phone discussion with the person that told me that I simply had to check the box and that was that, no proof, just my word for it.

Well, you can do that through the MAIL, but you can't do it in PERSON. I can't imagine that there would be anything but a look of disbelief on my face. "What POSSIBLE difference can it make whether I say in a letter that I have had them altered or if I show up, IN PERSON, and TELL you to your FACE that they have been altered?"!!!

She shrugged her shoulders again. I then asked to speak to management, as this woman seemingly had the intelligence of a gnat and the personality of a rock. "We don't have any management here", she curtly replied.

So, these people are taking cash, credit card payments and checks in but there is NO management there, ROFL!!! I felt the heat coming on, I was beginning to get angry with the stupid statements this woman was making and I walked out.

Quest not over, no, but for today it is. I just got done writing them an email and we'll see where that goes. I tried calling but it is already closed. I will have that discussion tomorrow and I doubt at this point that it will be a particularly pleasant conversation, but I'll let them decide whether they want to use some common sense here or just continue to act like a bunch of idiots.

Tomorrow is the church special service. I am not sure if I am going or not. It doesn't start until 7:00 pm and my guess is that a service starting at 7 probably ain't getting over at 9, meaning getting home late - for me - and getting to bed late - for me anyway. I will have to cross that bridge tomorrow, if I feel like it, I will go, if not I will (hopefully) show up for round 3 of Sunday services.

G'nite.

ben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wednesday

Sooooo.

I'm sitting at home, minding my own business when the guy with the girlfriend and her daughter living there comes in. The daughter? They took back to Tucson this last weekend. Apparently, the girlfriend stayed as well.

This guy comes up with a different story about this kind of thing every time I see him, literally. I am not a big fan.

He can't get approved for his own apartment. Well, he can, but they are dives. Think: Drug dealers; meth users; punks; thieves; gangs. I could go right now and rent a 2 bedroom apartment for $399.00 per month, electric included.

Lol. If you were to see the place you would understand why I am chuckling. A scene right out of that movie where all of New York is made into a giant prison, can't remember the name of it. I'd rather rent an old, disgusting, beat-up mobile home than live in a place like that. Foregone conclusion you better own a handgun if you want to actually rent there and LIVE there. Emphasis on the word live, or more like, staying alive.

He doesn't want any part of that scenario, either. Oh, don't forget about the noise, at a place like that. Like, all night long?

Suddenly, the large bedroom in my house is much more appealing to him than he thought. Ahhh, yes.

Ummm, 113 is the expected high today. In case you didn't know, that's getting pretty warm. This is when I am very glad that I have AC in the house, the car, the semi and the building at work. Yes, I will spend half the day (at least) out in the heat, but I will be able to get back in to a cooler temp after each place I go and cool back down again.

Arizona's fires: Officials are saying that they are going to burn until the rains comes. Well, the rains ain't a comin', yet anyway. Not that time of year, unfortunately. Doesn't mean they won't continue to try to put them out, but the forests are dried up right now and they, again, should all be completely shut down. But that's just one man's opinion. Not too much to ask, though, IMO, since all of these fires were human caused.

Umm, well sales people are already calling and I am not even on the clock yet. Gag. Getting offa here for a few minute early start.

G'day.

ben

 My plans to get home at a reasonable hour tomorrow have been dashed.  We were going back and forth in texting about the schedule and then I...