Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday 6/22/2011

Wednesday

Sooooo.

I'm sitting at home, minding my own business when the guy with the girlfriend and her daughter living there comes in. The daughter? They took back to Tucson this last weekend. Apparently, the girlfriend stayed as well.

This guy comes up with a different story about this kind of thing every time I see him, literally. I am not a big fan.

He can't get approved for his own apartment. Well, he can, but they are dives. Think: Drug dealers; meth users; punks; thieves; gangs. I could go right now and rent a 2 bedroom apartment for $399.00 per month, electric included.

Lol. If you were to see the place you would understand why I am chuckling. A scene right out of that movie where all of New York is made into a giant prison, can't remember the name of it. I'd rather rent an old, disgusting, beat-up mobile home than live in a place like that. Foregone conclusion you better own a handgun if you want to actually rent there and LIVE there. Emphasis on the word live, or more like, staying alive.

He doesn't want any part of that scenario, either. Oh, don't forget about the noise, at a place like that. Like, all night long?

Suddenly, the large bedroom in my house is much more appealing to him than he thought. Ahhh, yes.

Ummm, 113 is the expected high today. In case you didn't know, that's getting pretty warm. This is when I am very glad that I have AC in the house, the car, the semi and the building at work. Yes, I will spend half the day (at least) out in the heat, but I will be able to get back in to a cooler temp after each place I go and cool back down again.

Arizona's fires: Officials are saying that they are going to burn until the rains comes. Well, the rains ain't a comin', yet anyway. Not that time of year, unfortunately. Doesn't mean they won't continue to try to put them out, but the forests are dried up right now and they, again, should all be completely shut down. But that's just one man's opinion. Not too much to ask, though, IMO, since all of these fires were human caused.

Umm, well sales people are already calling and I am not even on the clock yet. Gag. Getting offa here for a few minute early start.

G'day.

ben

4 comments:

Fijufic said...

113 is hot. I have no concept of that kind of dry hot weather...

Anonymous said...

Thursday

I spoke too soon.

Both AC's in the store I work at are out. I unlocked the door, walked in this morning and was very surprised at how warm it still was in here from yesterday. It is at least somewhat cool this morning so I opened up the entire build to try and cool it back down a bit.

Fortunately for me, there is a slew of things in the truck routing system to do today and the AC in the semi definitely works, I will be working out of my cool office that happens to sit both on air and 18 wheels. Air ride seat; air ride cab; air ride tractor and air ride trailer, to more specific about the riding on air bit.

I was reading with interest the aircraft show in Paris. I'm completely neutral about Airbus, I neither like that company nor dislike it, I just root for Boeing because, of course, it's made in the USA and creates a LOT of jobs over here. Apparently Airbus has scored with it new, fuel economical jet that allegedly gives 15% better fuel efficiency than the Boeing 737.

Boeing, obviously, is going to have to answer to stay competitive, but it hardly means they're going out of business. They received almost 5 billion worth of orders on that 747-8, a plane I hope someday I will get to take a ride in (and not be part of a National Geographic Air Crash Investigation show). Yes, folks, let a plane fly around all over the place for a while, a new type of plane that is, and make sure that it isn't going to be plunging in any oceans or putting deep gouges into the earth from a nose dive into the ground......

Maybe my next vacation should just be an airplane trip to one side of the country and turn around and come back. I haven't flown in years and I really miss it! Okay, a trip to some east coast town, take a few days of touring whatever town and then make the flight back.

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to be a knee-jerk reactor, but several months ago I heard from a variety of sources to "get out of stocks" by summer. I won't be removing all of it, but I am definitely toning it down on the aggressive front as even more doom and gloomers, alleged professionals, are predicting either a double-dip recession or even entering a depression.

The housing situation certainly isn't offering any help in any of it, that's for sure. Which reminds me, I need to make a request at work for my W-2 from 2008. Modify the return and get cash back. Sorta like an ATM, put the paperwork in and get the money back out : )
That reminded me of it because I want to increase my cash "stockpile" in case things get really rough, I have something to fall back on. Not that I don't now, I have hardly been blowing the return I got back from the IRS excepting paying down credit card debt.

Ummm, it's going to be 109 today. It got up to 116 yesterday, at least where I live, usually it gets warmer where I'm at than it does at Phoenix Sky Harbor airport, where they apparently take the readings. I'm only 4 or 5 miles from the airport, but at a completely different elevation, which I guess may have something to do with it, I don't know.


Who knows. The new chihuahua? Well, Lynnette and that dog are in love with each other, it was as I thought it would be. I will have no responsibility for that dog excepting I will buy it the dog food and give it it's shots. The dog food bill for a Chihuahua? lol. Buy a 20 pound bag and I bet it will last 2 months.

Umm, the work day is almost here and thank God Almighty for it, because it's WARM in this building!! It has cooled down a bit with the doors open, but this is ridiculous.

Oh, diet: I ate once yesterday. Yup. Just once. It wasn't even that big of a meal. I had a couple of glasses of skim milk, a lot of water and a small amount of M&M's. I admit the cheat, but only because I was hungry at work and there was nothing to eat. After I ate about 8 of those things I quit. Even with that, I did not consume many calories yesterday and I intend on doing that same thing again today, sans the M&M's.

G'day.

ben

Anonymous said...

Hiya Bobby:
It was actually 116 at my house yesterday, but when it gets hot enough out, 113 doesn't feel much different than 116, it's all hot.
ben

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...