Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thursday July 7, 2011

Thursday

Not much time here - I got engrossed in a myriad of different stories in the online news ranging from bears mauling and killing people to the White House asking Texas to stop the planned execution of a Mexican national. Well that "guy" raped and killed a teenaged girl.

If we give the idea to foreignors that they can come over here and do whatever they want and just be able to get away with it? Dunno, the Supreme Court has been asked to stop the execution.

I dunno, I don't go around killing people, do you? The thought of taking another person's life never even crosses my mind on any given day. I can only see a few, limited scenarios where I would be willing to do whatever it takes to save my or someone else's life by killing someone else. Certainly a scenario I hope to never have to face. But, you rape a teenaged girl and I guess to get rid of a witness, you kill her?

Anyway, I did end up going to church last night and I was not sorry I went. It was a much different atmosphere - if nothing else inside of my mind - and I was getting something out of the guest speaker's words. It went on until 9:00pm, the only drawback of it. Getting home is only a 5 minute or so drive, so that's not an issue, just being out that late on a work night tends to drag me down a bit the next day, and yes, I am feeling it this morning. Make it through the day and go home and take a nice nap.

At least the speaker had the mind to not do any kind of "ministry" as that could go on for a long time. He said he was saving that for the Sunday service when he will also be at the church as a guest speaker.

Anyway, there are a few things to do in the truck routing menu and right now? It's time to go to work.

G'day.

ben

No comments:

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...