Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday 7/26/2011

Tuesday

An unexpected side-effect from the antibiotics: the red patches on my face are beginning to disappear. At the same time, huge bags of puffiness appear below my right eye every morning when I wake up. Yuck.

Lots of running around to do today at work, but I am hopeful to have it all done somewhat early and get home - somewhat early.

Taxes. The accountant called and informed me that you cannot carryover loss on personal loss, only on business loss. That doesn't make any sense to me, but then again, the entire tax code doesn't mean a heckuva lot to me, either. I will call the IRS today to get their take on this. If they say no as well, then it's no and I will move on. I am still getting close to 3 grand back anyway, so it's not a total waste of time. Hmm, well reminding myself of that, I just found the IRS number online and input it into my phone. Sooner or later during the work day, I am going to have to sit and wait for someone at a construction site somewhere, might as well use the time to get the question answered, cause' I am going over to the accountant's office today to pick up the finshed paperwork and get it sent in. Well, I might be going over there, depends on how I feel after work.

My take on all this bantering in Washington: Obama wants this behind him because an election is coming up and if he can't get this dealt with before then, he knows he is facing and even greater uphill battle in getting re-elected. This is the ONLY thing this is about with Obama. He doesn't care on iota about you or I, irrelevant of his redundant speeches about the average Joe/Jane taxpayer. He tries to speak for the entire mass of the American public as if we are all on his side. Got news for ya, bud, YOU are the single-WORST president this country has EVER had, period. The day they boot your A$$ out the door will not come too soon. He wants us all to contact our congressmen and women and tell them that we want the "balanced" approach.

My view of a balanced approach and Obama's are WORLDS apart. A "balanced" approach to me would mean that literally: BALANCE THE FREAKING BUDGET. Does anyone really believe that China owning America is a good thing? The massive amount of money that the Federal Government takes in every year IS enough to run this country. We don't NEED to be running in a deficit.

This is where Obama doesn't get it, actually, he doesn't CARE. As Boehner succinctly pointed out yesterday, Obama wants a blank check to waste even MORE money. Where did the trillion dollars he threw away get us? DEEPER IN DEBT. It's not JUST Obama that thinks this way - look at that dinosaur named Reid - that guy and all of his cronies need to go home. I'm glad the GOP isn't backing down to this crap that Obama keeps dishing out saying it's the GOP's fault that there is no agreement.

Anyway, I better get off that subject. Actually, I better get off all subjects, I gotta go to work. The alarm clock was making all kinds of noise this morning trying to wake me up. I mean, the sound intensifies after X amount of seconds of not turning it off, and the intensifies more, and then a 3rd time. After the 3rd time, WWIII must be starting the way that thing is sounding off. It's doing what it's supposed to do, of course, and I slept through it for several minutes before finally waking up.

G'day.

ben

1 comment:

Fijufic said...

This Obama better figure it out real quick and compromise...

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...