Friday, August 26, 2011

Fry's Food Stores - Baseline and 48th Street Tempe, AZ - Response

So, the newest general manager of this store calls me today after I called their corporate headquarters yesterday. All the lady told me yesterday was that since everyone had gone home, she would forward it to the "right" individual to respond and that would be that. I pretty much expected to be reverted back to the store's manager.

This is my second "conversation" with her. The first one was through email and was questioning the deplorable condition of the parking lot with trash laying, literally, EVERYWHERE.

I explained what had happened yesterday with the old lady arguing with the customer service lady and the fact that she sent that lady to traipse around the store, finding whatever else she wanted to get and NOT taking care of any more customers during that interim.

This manager gave me an a-typical response, certainly unexpected and rather refreshing, actually. She went straight into how she had "empowered" ALL of her employees to deal with this stuff and not to let it hold up lines, that it wasn't more than $0.75 cents worth of stuff. In other words, that customer service rep should have, in that manager's mind, simply given her the sale price without having to go get the other 2 items and get the freaking line moving.

She went on about how she had had meetings with all of her staff and head trained them to simply give the customer whatever the sale price is versus holding up a line and making other customers made and potentially losing customers over 25 cents. I have NEVER heard this from ANY of the managers that have been shoved through that store in a 1 or 2 year training "program".

I then went on about how her assistant - they bring them to that store in 2's - a general manager and that person's assistant - had downplayed my statement that that customer service rep was glancing over at me, giggling and making fun of the entire situation. I simply stated that I thought it childish for that lady to be acting like that - the general manager agreed.

So, we'll see what happens.

Weekend is here. Still trying to get those rooms rented!.........though I am at least hopeful the one dude that said he was moving in today around 5ish is still a go. That's about an hour and a half from now...........

G'day.

ben

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...