Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday 8/22/2011

I wrote this entry this morning at work, but it wouldn't post for whatever reason.

Monday

Back at work.
Apparently my manager is taking 2 days off. No problem with that, I guess, but usually he lets me know about such things. Funny, I totally forgot to check my bank account to make sure that direct deposit had made it in there.

Qaddafi is history? I found it interesting that the rebels didn't say they were going to find him and kill him, they said they are going to find him and then try him in court. This gives the rebels a bit more credibility, I would think. Question is: who is going to run the country?

If I were to somehow come into money right now, buying another house would be on the agenda. For those with the means, now is the time, especially for someone like me who would love to get a house just for rental purposes. The amount of people looking for houses for rent in just the Craigslist ads locally is a tell-tale sign: people have lost their homes, lost their credit and can't do anything BUT rent, for now anyway.

So, what is the big news aroung these parts? The heat. 112 today. That's hot. Yes, it gets hotter around here, but after 110, it's just hot. I never expect the intense heat to go away until we get into September. I don't want to get my mind into a place where I have tricked it into thinking the high heat is over with, cause' usually, it's not. September will mark the beginning of a cooling down period - which doesn't necessarily mean it will get cool by anyone's standards or stretch of the imagination, lol.

Pastor wrote back after I threw the idea at him that perhaps I might be able to volunteer in the church in some small capacity and he agreed. I encouraged him to pray about that for a bit, though, as I haven't volunteered in a church since I was shunned by my ex-pastor some 7 years ago. I haven't WANTED to volunteer in a church because of that, to clarify the internal situation.

I don't expect an answer until perhaps the end of the week at the soonest. Meanwhile, my CL ads to rent the room? Just not getting a lot of interest yet.

The Army reservist's room remains a disaster. I posted the necessary legal notice on her door, but at this point, it is becoming obvious she is not coming back. ALL she had to do was leave the keys to her room and that would have made it legal to enter without any permission. But she kept them. The room is strewn with clothes, junk and even garbage laying around. I am going to ask the trailer tenants to go in, pick up everything and sort it into large, plastic trash bags. Any clother or personal belongings go into one bag, junk and trash in another. Get the room cleaned up and get it ready for the guy that says he wants to move in. That way, on the 24th, I don't have to wait a day or more while we're busy getting the room cleaned up: the room will BE cleaned up and ready. I just want to be sure that I don't have to also get the carpet cleaning dude back for that room as well. But that guy was really good, showed up on a Sunday, got the job done and really did a great job on the carpet in the other room.

It doesn't really take that long to pick all that up, it just makes the room look like so much trailer trash. I don't get how people can live like that. It's sort of like that Hoarders show - you see a room so filled with junk that you either can't get through it or there are little paths going through the middle of it. This isn't THAT bad, but there IS stuff laying EVERYWHERE. All over the bed, the floors, the furntire, everything.

Hopefully she didn't take anything that doesn't belong to her.

I had thought I came out REALLY good on the electric usage for that trailer over night with the AC on. Then I realized that it is pretty much normal use. They had shut it off. I wanted it to stay on all night long and determine how much extra electricity it is going to use and be able to give a definitive number on daily electric usage.

Oh well. The answer to this problem, I think, is to mount the evap cooler up on top of the thing and then they can run AC in the day and evap at night.

Anyway, work day is here.

G'day.

ben

No comments:

 Thursday - evening - iPhone entry  I was beating the tires on the trailer with a hammer this morning and one of them reported back with a “...