Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Really?

Yes, as a matter of fact, this is who I am and this is my blog. I have sent a few - very few - people that I know in "real life" to my blog - only because they insisted on it. I don't actually promote it to anyone, at all. Not that I don't want readers, just that - well - dunno, really. Have to give it some thought.

Okay, I take that back. There are certain things that I write about on this blog that I know will cause' people to visit from around the world. That would include my Cafe World entries and various other discussion. You would be surprised at how many people come here looking for information about how to buy antibiotics for your dogs without a prescription. I'll give Fin the credit for finding out about Feedjit and the information it gives...........

Caleb. He is back at work, the same place he quit before going to the mountains - but - left on good terms. They wanted him back and they really like him. So that's cool.

We got into a rather lengthy conversation today about customer service, what good customer service entails and my rather candid remarks about customer service I receive frequently that is - very poor. More like terribly s*****, but we need not go there, I guess. I don't remember the low level of customer service across the board when I was younger and the world didn't believe everyone was out to get each other...........

He went back to that guy that threatened to kick his @$$ before he quit and went to work as a counselor at the youth camp for Salvation Army in the mountains. I will NEVER forget my son telling me this story of a 29 year old threatening to beat up my, at the time, 17 year old son. The feelings that that invoked were - rage; anger; go give the guy a toothless jaw. I didn't give into those feelings, thankfully, but I will definitely admit I HAD those feelings.

Caleb was lamenting about this guy's lack of work ethic. He goes to the Starbucks - in-store - and flirts with the ladies working there and abandons his post. His post is the customer service desk! I can't even imagine going to that desk and not finding anyone there during it's open hours. I mean, I can imagine it: MANAGEMENT, PLEASE, would be my first reaction if I had to wait there more than a couple of minutes without anyone showing up.

Caleb has no love for this guy and asked if I would show up. NO, I said, not to start an altercation with this man because of his threats. But, I could show up and go to the customer service desk to ask for help. I can think of several things I can go to the desk for. The point? The management of that place never forced him to apologize to my son for threatening him. They didn't fire him. They didn't do SQUAT. This guy continues on with the SAME crap!!

It will have to be a legitimate reason to call for this guy's management, but that will be easy: apparently he abandons post frequently and has to be called back on the store intercom several times per shift.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wednesday
So, today is the big Cat Scan day.
Finally, someone agreed with me without having to asking them, they said: "the only thing I don't like about it is being exposed to radiation".
Thank you.
I have yet another interested party in the room and they are allegedly going to come over today to takealookatit.

Their nephew goes to the college which is all of 2 miles away from my house.

So, this big to-do with Quik-Trip, a large gas station/convenience store chain, is over. I cannot believe such a thing actually made it on the ballot. They wanted to build a gas station in the middle of a residential neighborhood. Not in a commercially zoned development, on a lot which was zoned for residential.

They lost. Kudos to my fellow Phoenicians for stopping this nonsense, let them build their gas stations where it is already zoned for such and out of the MIDDLE of a neighborhood.

End of month today. I always say that at the end of the month, cause' I look at the store's numbers to see where we're at. Not great, but not bad, either.

Interestingly, I found my new tenant's name in the Justice Court system. Actually, I found his name and apparently a couple of his friends in the same civil suit, a forcible detainer against them, filed by an apartment complex in Tempe less than 2 months ago. Ummm, I probably should have checked that before letting him move in, but oh well. He definitely has a job/income, so we'll see how this one turns out. I didn't say anything to him about it and probably won't, just interesting facts that you can find, for free, online, if you want to go through the pain of attempting to find it.

Finally, I'm curious as to what Iran is up to. I am sure Israel is, too. That is, sending a fleet to the Red Sea. Perhaps certain elements of this world love that nation and their rhetoric, I am guessing most of the civilized world does NOT and probably, their sending ships all over the place isn't going to be well received, either.

"
"The presence of Iran's army in the high seas will convey the message of peace and friendship to all countries," he said, according to the website."

Yeah? I don't think so. I think it will have the exact opposite effect. A nation's fleet getting that close to a country where it's president has stated that country - Israel - should be wiped off the face of the map is hardly going to elicit feelings of warmth, love and comaraderie.

G'day.

ben

Fijufic said...

Iran is actually a very organized country and they will be quick to tell you that they are not Arabs. The are Persians and speak Farsi. You would REALLY enjoy visiting the country. In reality it is their government that is not on par with the rest of the world.

Yes Ben, you are who you are and I have no problems with it. You always have interesting perspective and frankly we chew a lot of the same dirt although I may chew "sand" and you chew that Arizona desert...

Cheers,
Bobby

BenB said...

Bobby, it's become fairly apparent that at least some of that nation's citizens have no desire to be in any kind of alignment with it's government making ridiculous, outrageous threats to "the western" nations and proclaiming that we should all just disintegrate, disappear and never come back. I am sure THEY would love to take over our nation, not just make it disappear! But let's face facts: the Iranian Navy going anywhere outside of it's own waters is a threat. That's the only way I see it. But you are right, that is government run, not necessarily the will of their people.

I would love to chew the sand with you some day, but I'm not sure I could keep up! lol.
ben

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...