Saturday, August 27, 2011

Saturday 8/27/2011

A few things.
New tenant moved in yesterday. Seems to be a cool, easy-going person. Only time tells if a person is actually going to make a good fit.
Second room remains unrented, though I have a couple of prospects.
Third room - the dude that is already here. He says he may have to move back to Minnesota. Well it would certainly be interesting, if nothing else, to have to do a total swap-out of tenants. A pain in the @$$ is a more colorful and accurate description.

So, an old friend from missionary days flew in from Vegas to reconnect with my ex. But, she wanted to meet up with me, too - really cool lady, haven't seen her since the late 80's. So at 11:00 am, we are going out to visit at a restaurant. That should be fun - I hope anyway. Not exactly sure where we are going.

At 3, there is the company end-of-fiscal-year party. Don't really want to go just because it is so far away, but, I signed up for it so I will spend at least a couple of hours there and then leave. At least this one starts early - they have started much later in times past.

So, a busy day today, I think. But not a bad thing. What I'm really "waiting" for is the end of this miserable heat wave/hot tempatures that just keeps coming and coming. I have put off yard work at this point until it cools down considerably. I'm tired of sweating like a pig in mire out there trying to get stuff done. Of course, I have no choice but to keep up with the fish ponds - but the rest of it? Can WAIT.

I haven't heard from my dad, I have no idea how he's faring in North Carolina with this reunion they are having. I wrote him an email but haven't heard anything back yet.

Well, I gotta get ready to go. Appleebee's is the place we are going to. I like some of Appleebee's food, though they don't exactly have a calorie friendly menu - so I will have to take a look online and see what I can get away with without blowing the fat intake for the day too much.

G'day.

ben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Monday
Well I got lost in a sea of online news and here it is, only a few minutes before work start. I can say one thing here: I am getting really tired of seeing the bright red advisory on the weather site I go to stating that Phoenix is yet again under a heat advisory.

They tell you to stay indoors. Great, if you have an office job.

Craigslist scammers are getting a little better at their replies to ads. Instead of the humanitarian nurse moving from London, now it's someone that is local that is getting a job here, moving from other state. Or they are from the area you are in and are just looking to move to another room.

But, the scammers writing those ads are mostly from other countries and it's easy to spot their spelling errors and grammatical "inflections" that only come from a foreignor.

Allegedly, however, 2 people are wanting to come look at the room today. We'll see how that pans out.

I watched George W. Bush on the Nat Geo channel last night giving a run through of what the day was like on 9/11. It was pretty amazing stuff, but I am not a Bush hater. Bush haters STILL blame him for the economic mess we are in.

Anyway, work day here.....
g'day.

ben

 Thursday - evening - iPhone entry  I was beating the tires on the trailer with a hammer this morning and one of them reported back with a “...