Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday 8/31/2011

Wednesday
So, today is the big Cat Scan day.
Finally, someone agreed with me without having to asking them, they said: "the only thing I don't like about it is being exposed to radiation".
Thank you.
I have yet another interested party in the room and they are allegedly going to come over today to takealookatit.

Their nephew goes to the college which is all of 2 miles away from my house.

So, this big to-do with Quik-Trip, a large gas station/convenience store chain, is over. I cannot believe such a thing actually made it on the ballot. They wanted to build a gas station in the middle of a residential neighborhood. Not in a commercially zoned development, on a lot which was zoned for residential.

They lost. Kudos to my fellow Phoenicians for stopping this nonsense, let them build their gas stations where it is already zoned for such and out of the MIDDLE of a neighborhood.

End of month today. I always say that at the end of the month, cause' I look at the store's numbers to see where we're at. Not great, but not bad, either.

Interestingly, I found my new tenant's name in the Justice Court system. Actually, I found his name and apparently a couple of his friends in the same civil suit, a forcible detainer against them, filed by an apartment complex in Tempe less than 2 months ago. Ummm, I probably should have checked that before letting him move in, but oh well. He definitely has a job/income, so we'll see how this one turns out. I didn't say anything to him about it and probably won't, just interesting facts that you can find, for free, online, if you want to go through the pain of attempting to find it.

Finally, I'm curious as to what Iran is up to. I am sure Israel is, too. That is, sending a fleet to the Red Sea. Perhaps certain elements of this world love that nation and their rhetoric, I am guessing most of the civilized world does NOT and probably, their sending ships all over the place isn't going to be well received, either.

"
"The presence of Iran's army in the high seas will convey the message of peace and friendship to all countries," he said, according to the website."

Yeah? I don't think so. I think it will have the exact opposite effect. A nation's fleet getting that close to a country where it's president has stated that country - Israel - should be wiped off the face of the map is hardly going to elicit feelings of warmth, love and comaraderie.

G'day.

ben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thursday 9/1/2011

Well at least I'm not the only one thinking along these lines.
I have been saying for a couple of weeks now how hot it has been for this time of year. The temps are supposed to be dropping down into the low 100's range, instead, we are STILL slated for a 111 degree high today and tomorrow!

Apparently several records were set here for the month of August, including being right up there for the hottest month, ever, including all other months!

This is insanity and I demand that Mother Nature turn on the Air Conditioning! The COOL air conditioning, not the blooming HEATER!!

Let's take the projected highs into next week: 108; 109; 109; 108 and then it shows a high of 105 the next day. Absolutely unacceptable. Do you know what this heat is doing to my electric usage?!!!!!!

Okay, so it's hot, next. The tenancy blues.....are only going to get worse. The kid tenant is leaving on the 11th. He is going back home. Apparently he has had enough of Arizona, lol. Unfortunately, that will leave another room needing an occupant and I am already struggling with getting the other room rented. Whatever. I continue to have sporadic respond to my room rental ads and I haven't checked roommates.com account yet to see if there is any interest. Be doing that in a bit.

Well, busy looking day today. Yesterday was ridiculous. So, I'm out of here.....into the heat.

ben

 Thursday mid-morning No point leaving here until around 10:00 am.  The load time is 1 and I can show up maybe an hour early without them ge...