Saturday, October 22, 2011

.........and finally................

3 strikes, you're out.
It certainly isn't going to be any surprise to me if this particular individual ends up in that predicament.
I'm not saying I want this for this person, but this has been his modus operandi since before he turned 18 and now that he is a "legal adult", well, stealing from grocery and convenience stores and actually getting caught may end up biting him in the @$$ in the long run.
I'm referring to Anthony. Anyone that's been reading any of my blogs for a long time will know who Anthony is.
Caleb actually mentioned this when he came home from - Muay Thai (martial arts) today. He was at Subway and saw Kyle - who told Caleb that Anthony had been caught by security at Fry's shoplifting.
I can only imagine what kinds of things must have transpired in the last 14 months since those 2 left my house. I have given it little thought and would have stayed in that realm for however long, who knows, but Caleb brought it up.
Caleb literally despises Michael. That's Anthony's brother. That's another story entirely. I simply said to Caleb that it isn't worth the energy expended in your brain to give any of them a single thought.
Michael talked some serious trash to Caleb when they left about stealing stuff from us. Some of it was Caleb's things and not cheap things, either.
These people and their extended families? Just another reason I am glad to be an armed homeowner.
There were few details. Simply that security had caught him attempting to leave without paying and that was the end of that.
I have been going to that Fry's for 8 years now, I have only seen real security at the front here and there. I mean, not the greeter people - security as in someone who could actually take whoever/whatever down without much of a problem type of security.

I've never wished Anthony a bad life. I don't think it's a grand thing that his life has never gone anywhere. But, he and the 350 man have one thing in common: no job/school/whatever to make yourself a "productive citizen in our society". When you do nothing with your life - your entire life - where do you acquire a sense of self-worth?

Most of us can look back on our lives and think about the things that we have accomplished. Whether they mean anything to anyone else or not isn't totally irrelevant, but to you and I? It means everything.

I actually fear for Anthony, yet besides praying for him, there is absolutely nothing I can do.
The thoughts of of him and his brother brought up some rather ugly memories from the past and frankly, not worth mentioning here or dwelling upon.

Whatever the case, it's almost 9:00 pm which is well past my bedtime, even if on a Saturday night.

ben

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were very kind and patient to that bunch a lot longer than most people would have been.

f

BenB said...

I suppose. I did what I thought I should do and then - well - you know the story.

 So I drive up to Gurdon, unload, leave, make the 1-1/2 hour drive to Eldo, pull in the yard.  I had already spoken with the manager a littl...