Sunday, October 9, 2011

Church

Church today was a bit more than I expected.
The Lord has been speaking to my inner man for 2 weeks about a certain thing and the sermon? Was the exact same thing that has been running through my head.
I suppose I shouldn't be shocked that the Lord would confirm His message to me through an entire sermon that was geared that way - I haven't been to church since 3 Sundays ago.

I went up front after the message was delivered because the offer to come up front was worded - the way that I had pretty-much heard it worded when the Lord was speaking earlier this week - or before I even went to church today, for that matter. . After we prayed, talked for a second, hugged (yes, Christians still hug each other regardless of genders or whether it's the same gender hugging, there is absolutely nothing sexual or sensual about it, thank you), I was walked back to my seat, actually I was ready to leave. The pastor called me back up and asked if we could go to lunch together here and there and try to establish a bit closer relationship.

In the world of Christiandom and the church, I am no-one and nothing, yet I have always somehow forged relationships - usually very close relationships after time has passed - with the pastors of the churches I have attended. Whatever the case, I certainly don't regret going today.

Got home and - went outside to do a bit more cleanup out front. An hour's worth and I am done with that for the day. Or not - who knows, maybe sunset will loom and I will go out and do a bit more.

Well that's it. I don't really feel like doing into anything else.

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...