Monday, October 3, 2011

The Police

I wasn't feeling good - I really should have called in sick to work today - after I got back from getting everything done and asked to leave a little early. If you were to see me right now, you could look at me and easily tell I am not only not faking, but don't look very well, either.

My manager said yes, but please stop at the bank on the way home and make a deposit. No problem. So, I pull into my driveway - completely minding my own business, my only thought of getting into the house, sitting down in my extremely comfortable computer chair, kick back and get on the internet, then go take a nap. I hear something being yelled at me from down the street. I ignore it, I know who it is and I don't feel like getting into it with this guy.

He continues - a lot of cuss words, we'll put it that way. I let one roll out back at him, but decided that it was stupid to lower myself to his level, so I just went through the gate, meanwhile he continues on. I stopped. I looked down the street at him and promised him that if he didn't stop, I would be calling the police. He kept the f bombs and other adjectives flowing. I called the police.

The police showed up about an hour later - not a high priority call, not like I dialed 911, I have the police department phone number memorized at this point - I told them what was going on. Again, as they have in the past, they suggested that the best way to deal with this situation is to get an injunction against harassment against him. Take that back, they actually said an order of protection. The "guy" - the meth user, 37 years old, has never left his parent's home, no job, doesn't go to school, etc etc etc - had disappeared. His buddy from across the street comes out of his house. This is the guy that threatened to have me killed for catching the cats.

They start talking, loudly, with the meth user pointing at me, calling me a moron, etc etc etc. I said nothing. I had my camera phone out in case he was going to come down the street to me. I'm just waiting for the police. Well, I got tired and went inside the house, but the police show up. They go down there after instructing me to get that order of protection. That guy, who said "yeah, call the police!" had disappeared. They were down there ringing the doorbell. He was inside, so was his mother. Cops stood there, banging on windows, ringing the doorbell, knocking on the door for several minutes, no answer.

Of course. The ex-con comes out again (the dude that wants to have me killed) and stops the police on their way back to their cars in front of my house. I immediately went back outside, whenever that guy speaks, not too much truth actually exits his mouth. They have already lied to the police in the past to make it look like I started the trouble with them. The police come back, they obviously gave no credence to whatever he was telling them and just said again: look, the best thing to do is get that order of protection.

I would have gone down to the courthouse today if I wasn't feeling so bad. It is something I have been wanting to do, I just haven't wanted to go through all that trouble. Well, this situation isn't going away, obviously, even though I have made it a point to ignore, turn my back on or otherwise make sure that if anything starts, it is not because I provoked it. I don't really have a choice at this point: I am going to have to go get that order. Then, I am guessing, he will ask for a hearing, or worse, he will get an order against me. As soon as it is served, I can no longer be in possession of firearms.

It's a gamble, but I have no options.

So, after the police left, I went up to the corner market/ Circle K. Who is in there? Denise. Denise is Anthony and Michael's mother. Long time readers know who I am talking about, no need to go into all of that here. I actually looked up to see her looking at me. I instantly thought she might start something in the store, but she said nothing and I said nothing as well, got my goods, paid for them and left. However, the relatives that she was there with - a large man in particular that I know from the past - was staring at me, apparently attempting to intimidate me with the glare/snarl he had on his face. I looked right back at him, if he had something to say, say it. I didn't say anything to him, just waiting for him to do whatever. He changed his expression and then went back to what he was doing. I let it go. Not worth it, none of it is.

I spent time in the Word this morning and really, these kinds of potentially hostile situations I would rather avoid. But, I am not going to back down to bullies. I did that when I was 5 years old - a situation my mother made me face in having to take on fully 5 kids at once - and I never looked back. There is no point in allowing people to make your life miserable simply because they want to lord themselves over you, thinking if they can tower over you, you will slink back and crawl away on the ground like some injured animal.

I dunno. It really isn't that much fun to have to deal with all of this.

No comments:

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...