Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday 10/15/2011

Sooooo........
I went and looked at the 5th wheel travel trailer yesterday.
Not too shabby. For the price, a good deal. The layout is, IMO, much better than the layout in the other one. The kitchen is in the rear and the couch is in the middle. It has AC, propane AND electric heat; propane and electric water heater (or so it appears, anyway); a brand new refrigerator; a very nice set up for the bathroom; the upholstery is still in good condition.

There are only really a few things "wrong" with it. First off, the guy pulled most of the wallpaper off, so that is all going to have to be replaced (or look at barren, wood walls). Second, the owner before him, apparently, tried to fix a leak in the roof. It does not appear that his fix job worked. I'm not really a big fan of roof leaks, but this one looks like an easy fix, so I am going to deal with that one myself. The carpet is in okay condition. Not trashed but definitely not perfect either - don't really ever expect to find perfect carpet anyway. If people think about it - well - the idea of putting throw rugs down on the travel areas of the carpet is the best remedy for the carpet itself to not get completely worn down.

So, unless this guy somehow sells it to someone else before I get over there this morning - I am going to buy it. It also has flipped axles - meaning the thing sits well off the ground. This was another thing that I would have had to have to ensure that the undercarriage and more importantly, the holding tanks, don't get damaged once I have it hauled up to my mom's property. The entrance to her driveway is very steep and a low to the ground trailer could get damaged going up that thing. This one is 27 feet long, not quite as long as I wanted to get, but looking at it? It's really pretty much perfect for what I want to do with it.

Oh, and the holding tanks appear to be in very good condition.

Speaking of RV's, my manager is seriously going to ask the general manager if he can get an RV trailer and LIVE in it on the company property! I thought he was joking at first, but he definitely is not joking about it. It's an interesting idea that could be supported by the idea of having a "guard" on the property 24 hours a day. I'm not sure if corporate will go for it, but who knows.

Anyway, I have to move the rest of the pile of landscaping rocks that is blocking any access that the trailer will have to have in having it hauled over here to park it here. Meaning I have to get my shoes and get going with this day.

Later.

ben

No comments:

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...