Saturday, October 29, 2011

Saturday 10/29/2011

Slept pretty well last night, fortunately for me.
I do not like getting up on Saturday morning after a bad night's sleep,
I won't get much done in that condition.
I have plenty I want to try and get done outside today, and sitting
around on a computer all day long when the weather is so beautiful outside?
No thanks. I don't mind being on it here and there along with my early morning
rituals, but all day long is out of the question.

So, yesterday I decided to go ahead and volunteer 2 hours of a Saturday to - whatever they are calling it, Harvest Festival or whatever - at church. It's a big outreach they have planned for
next week with all kinds of stuff for kids to do. The list for volunteers was only about 2/3rd's filled and I decided to jump in and help out a bit. I am doing the "Duck Pond". I think this is a little kiddie's thing where they just pick up a duck and it has prizes on the bottom. Lol. It's a silly game, but I am sure little - talking very young - kids enjoy being able to do something at a fair like that. I also paid for the cotton candy for the event - and that's going to do me for donations for a while now.

I need to get my "reserves" back up. I'll be spending more money on the travel trailer, but since I have until May, I guess it is, I have plenty of time to fool around with that project.
I have decided to go ahead and replace the carpet in it. It's blue and it's kinda ugly, not to mention worn out enough that replacing it is warranted. Especially considering the fact that it's not that much carpet - half of the trailer has vinyl flooring which is still in good condition. But, that can wait.

Which reminds me. I was going to ask mom to continue to buy these really expensive - but very nice - kitchen knives, in fact we have already discussed it. But now? That trailer needs a new microwave. With the budget that she gives for a Christmas present, I could actually get a pretty nice one. Well, I dunno, second thoughts - those knives are REALLY nice.

Well coffee time is over. I just remembered that both larger ponds need the filters and the pumps completely cleaned out. Not the nicest thing to have to do on earth, but the fish are nice to have, so I guess I will clean them out so they don't die of some disease caught by too much fish waste in the filtering systems!

Later.

ben

No comments:

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...