Saturday, October 1, 2011

Woman Tenant Is Gone

I will be happy to say that I did not have to take this woman to court, did not have to incur the court costs - around $210 total to get a person physically removed though that probably has gone up by now - and she has left on her own volition. I did not have to give her the rest of her rent money back, but to get her out of here? Yes, indeed, I handed it to her 5 minutes ago and this is over. Unless, of course, she is going to follow through with this phony "sexual harassment" claim of hers, one good reason to have a lot of other people around in this kind of living situation. Lots of witnesses.

I posted the room for rent a few hours ago, first person has responded. I would rather get it rented out quickly, if possible, versus waiting until the 15th for a person that I don't know will show up. He - the proposed tenant - was going to drop of money yesterday, instead, I heard nothing from him. That almost 100% always means that the person has changed their mind and not worth waiting around for.

I made my trek to Walgreens as soon as they opened. 2 for 1 cold medicine and 2 for 1 Tylenol on sale, got both. I'm not a big fan of Tylenol because of the problems it can cause on your body, more specifically your liver, but, apparently that isn't necessarily the case if you just don't take too much of it. The cold medicine already has acetaminophen in it and "vigorously" warns to not take acetaminophen capsules while taking this medication - I guess meaning a double dose. Yes, well I had no plans to. In fact, I am only taking this cold junk this morning, if I really need to take it this afternoon I will, but I am not really into all kinds of pills and medications and junk.

I couldn't help but look: there are a large number of travel trailers advertised right now at some pretty good prices! $2500 for one that looks almost identical to the one I got for the trailer tenants. In great shape, too. It's axles have also been turned upside down - they do that to give it more clearance for dragging them off-road and not bottoming out on rocks or whatever - just like the other one is.

I wonder if this is the best time of year to buy these things since it is the end of the season? Well, I don't know, but I only have $740 saved up for a trailer so far. Gonna take a bit more than that to get a decent unit, I was figuring between $2500 and $3000, probably not far off on that guesstimate. Looking at late 80's/early 90's units that are pretty much going in that price range. Well, just gets me to wanting to save even more. I just hope that early next year, providing I have that kind of money saved up by then, there are some decent units available. Savings mostly depends on whether I have rooms filled with tenants. No tenants, definitely no savings.

It isn't such a big deal to have to deal with a tenant here and there leaving and having to find a new one, it is a really big ordeal to have to find 3 of them in a very short time period and in this case, find 3 of them, get rid of 1 of them and then have to find another to take that person's place.

Well I am done with this. The pills have helped the headache discomfort come down considerably plus stopped the running nose junk and helped with the coughing, so, money well-spent as far as I'm concerned.

G'day.

ben

No comments:

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...