Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saturday 11/5/2011

Yesterday, we tried to get the AC working on my "new" 5th wheel travel trailer.  The fan won't come on.  We took the panels off the unit and I spun the fan by hand - but - it still wouldn't do the trick.  The compressor did come on, however, a very good thing indeed.  There is a huge chasm of a difference in replacing a fan motor and replacing a burned out compressor in one these AC units.

Not sure if I can replace one myself or not, but I'm going to see about it.  It's going to cost me $50 to have the thing hauled to the service center and $50 to have it hauled back, plus whatever it costs to repair it - I'm guessing to pay a repair facility to do it around 3 bills - so looking at $400 total to fix it that way versus attempting to see if I can remove the motor myself and replace it - I'm guessing around $100 for a new fan motor.  The difference in price motivates me to at least get up on the top of the trailer, remove the cover and take a look.  It can't be that hard, right? Lol.

I was thinking of getting a notebook or laptop - on payments instead of chucking down cash and being - broke.  However, I am going to wait until Black Friday and see what kinds of deals might be had.  Besides, I am completely lost on these things.  I have learned a great deal about desk tops - but these portable computers are a bit out of my knowledge span excepting the ram and memory capabilities.  If I'm going to get one, I want at least 4 gigs of Ram and at least a 500 gig harddrive, plus I want it expandable to 8 Gigs of ram.  Other than that?  I guess I'll have to do research and see what other people have to say about what is "must-have" and what things may annoy people about them.

I am supposed to go to a prayer walk this morning for the event this afternoon.  I am sitting here, in my comfortable chair, not wanting to do anything.  Gag.  Plus I'm hungry.  Umm, I'll go just because I need to get more involved with things at the church, though I am to spend 2 hours this afternoon operating a "Duck Pond", lol.  From what I see online?  It's just a bunch of ducks in a small pool of water that little kids pick  up and find the number on the bottom.  The number correlates to a prize.  Okay, this is a really hard game, lol.  I hope I can pass 2 hours without getting extremely bored.

Of course, it rained last night while I was sleeping.  I couldn't do it while I was AWAKE, thank you very much.  I don't know how long it rained but everything looks pretty well saturated out there - no watering any plants for at least 4 days!  It's always nice when the temps come way down, the ground doesn't dry out so fast and watering plants can be put off in longer intervals.

Interesting.  A friend saw my post on Facebook asking the difference between a notebook and a laptop and had her - 15 year old son, computer guru apparently - call me and explain all kinds of stuff about these things.  Alrighty then.  I was surprised to find out that you can get a Droid phone, download an app and use that phone as a router, basically, to supply internet service to your laptop.  Didn't know that.  Very interesting indeed. I have a Verizon phone from work - just a plain Jane thing - would like to take a drive up to my mom's property and see what kind of reception I get.  The coverage map shows red over her property - but are those maps accurate?  Have not been able to find that out.

Umm, well I am going to the prayer thing, drag myself out of this chair, to the shower, hurry up and get moving cause I only have half an hour before I have to be there.

Which is, actually, plenty of time  : )
ben

3 comments:

Sunny said...

Hi Ben :) lol, enjoy your time with the little ones at the Duck Pond. That is great you are volunteering and getting involved.:)

BenB said...

Thanks Sunny! How's things going with you?

Sunny said...

Hi again :) They are going super duper...hehe, after having a full blown heart attack and a ride in the meat wagon to the "Torture Place" ( hospital.)

Then I had a reaction from a nucular Vscan they made me have, sick for a month. Recently my ribs cracked !

LOL. I'm laughing now, because I am getting through it all..with God's help :)

And...I caught the "Blogging Bug" again !
You be safe and be well, ya hear ?

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...