Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday 11/20/2011

I have definitely come to the firm decision that no matter how much of a pain in the @$$ it is going to be to do it, I am going to replace most of the plastic "fixtures" on the roof of that trailer and the other things up there I am going to scrape off all the old sealant down to the bare metal including using a wire wheel and get it all freshly sealed, new plastic and not have to worry about leaks.

I mean, it's going to be parked on a piece of property up in the mountains, it wouldn't be very smart or rational to take the thing up there with some leap of faith hoping it won't leak. The problem is simple.  There are giant cracks in the sealant where whoever has had this thing before has attempted to put fresh sealant on top of old sealant.  It doesn't work.  You HAVE top take the old sealant down to the metal if you want any kind of permanent fix.  That is my experience with it, anyway.  I'm going to have to stop at Harbor Tools today and see if they have an electric thing to put a wire wheel on there.  Fortunately, the roof on that trailer is a solid piece of metal from front to back.  The only places that it can leak are where the vents are.  It eliminates the guess work of what older trailers are made up of - sections of metal with seams.  The seams, of course, can leak.

I have my work cut out for me, but there is plenty of time.  I do intend on getting with it, though, I am not going to put it off any longer.  Getting up there yesterday and getting a good start on it motivated me to just keep right on going with it until it's done so I can focus on putting new carpet on the interior.

Church in a bit.  Should be interesting today for a variety of reasons that - I am not going to go into in full detail here and don't really have time right now to do that anyway.

Whatever the case, I am hopeful things will start going a bit better in the church department and perhaps even start building some relationships within the church - though that is certainly not a guaranteed event and I am just taking this one step at a time.

Whatever the case, I have some things to get done before church and therefore?

I bid you a happy Sunday.

ben

No comments:

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...