Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tuesday 11/1/2011

So, Halloween came and went and I was none the wiser for it. Didn't sit out front with candy, left the lights out, when it comes to Halloween? I'm a baaaaaah humbug. I like Thanksgiving and I absolutely love Christmas - both of which are just around the corner.

So, the trailer is going to have it's transformation started today. Lynnette will be in there starting today on the wallpapering project. I need to look at carpet and decide what kind and color I want to replace the blue stuff with - though decidedly, it's not going to be blue carpet. Something that hides dirt a bit better - beige/brown, something like that.

I haven't gotten up on the roof yet to look at what needs to be done to stop whatever leakage might be going on around one of the roof vents. I will need numerous items for that thing since it's going to be up there semi-permanently. A small vacuum, a new microwave, a new bed mattress to name a few. Probably having a small assortment of tools won't hurt, either. Now that I have permission to put the thing up there before May - well I am going to get this thing done hopefully within the next 2 months and then put the thing up there early next year.

I had given thought about waiting until May - that's a long time from now. There is no running water up there but my mother has a 500 gallon water tank. There is definitely electricity, if there wasn't that, I would probably not have even started in on this project. Per the water situation, the trailer has a fresh water holding tank with it's own water pump in it. So, in reality, I will have running water, able to take showers, etc etc etc. We discussed this water situation - she doesn't use much, like 500 gallons lasting and entire summer?

I balked at that. I'm not going to waste it, but if I need it, I'm going to use it. If I have to pay a service to bring up 500 gallons of water, then so beit. I am going to get a satellite dish and I will be able to have Direct TV up there at no extra charge over what I am already paying. Not that I watch that much TV, I really don't, but since it's available, might as well hook it up. That only leaves the question of the internet and whether I really need it or not. I'm fairly well "addicted" to the internet at this point, not having it for days at a time probably isn't going to work too well.

So, formulation time over, well not completely, but I have pretty well laid out in my mind what I need to get done in this coming year for having a nice layout up there. Just the internet is left in want - if I am going to spend any amount of time up there, I will want it. If it's just here and there, I can do without.

As for Randy coming back, time will tell how that goes. He is using the green earth as his toilet over there. My neighbors behind me must really be hating me now that they have been issued a ticket. Well, they really messed things up over here in forcing this issue with the RV and having to find a place for Mark and Lynnette, a taste of their own medicine given back to them was in order.

Time for work!

G'day

ben

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...