Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday 12/18/2011

Got up this morning around 6:00am, had my coffee and then got busy with the painting.  I'm about 2/3rd's done with it now.  I would have it all done but I have to move furniture from the walls and so I was doing sections at a time so the entire room wasn't thrown into chaos, but alas, it is in total chaos anyway and I am going to spend the rest of today attempting to get it all done or most of it anyway and get it back together again.  I am cleaning the carpet and cleaning underneath, behind furniture and everything, it isn't just a paint job, hence it is taking longer.

Anyway, got 2 walls almost done excepting for some of the trim work and then took a shower and headed off to church. A highly amusing Christmas program they put together and then a Christmas Brunch, they called it, afterward.  More like a complete Thanksgiving dinner!  Sat around talked with some folks for a while, though the next time I want to invade other people's table privacy and see about getting to know more people in the church.

I left there and headed straight for Home Depot: must get 2 more gallons of that paint that is on close-out before it's gone.  Then headed to Bashas', the grocery store selling the Standing Rib Roast for $3.67 per pound.  Well they didn't have a big enough roast out.  Including me, there will be 11 people at this dinner (3 more added this morning, gotta call from my other sister-in-law who found out I am doing Christmas dinner and wants to come).  "Do you have any bigger roasts?".  The kid (I mean, if this boy were 18 years old I would be surprised) said he would check.  They have the Large End rib in a bigger size, but I would have to pay more per pound for it.  Better cut of meat, apparently.  I decided a few extra bucks for a larger roast would be worth it.  He came out with a 15 pounder.  Plenty big enough for everyone considering I am also going to get a half ham.

Half ham coming from Fresh and Easy.  The rest of everything coming from Fry's.  Trying to keep the cost down - going to 3, possibly 4, different stores may sound like a time waster but it's definitely going to save money, so no biggies.

So, here and now.  Just sort of sat here for a while attempting to let some of this food I ate at church digest a bit.  But, fun-time is over, I need to get back to work on that bedroom and the bathroom.

Later.
ben

No comments:

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...