Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sunday Work?

I must confess that ever since I started a job where I do not work on weekends - almost never - I don't miss it and definitely don't want to engage in it.  I worked 7 day a week jobs for years.  I worked 6 day a week jobs forever, seemingly.

Well, our store is FAR from being done with the move.  We have been abandoned with the extra help - which is no great loss, actually, they didn't get much done while they were there - but we don't have extra time to run a store and get it in order at the same time. All two of us? Hardly.

Well, a company is coming in on Sunday to tint the windows on the front of the store.  I dunno, dude, it faces East.  East doesn't get all day sun and more importantly: during the hot summer months, that isn't the side of the building that needs tinted, but if that's what they want, then that's what they get.  Manager wants me to come in and do some work to get the place done or at least close to done.  I dunno. I like my Sundays.  Get up early, drink some coffee; surf the net; do some laundry then go to church. Get home from church and do whatever I want to, really.

I'll probably end up doing it.  Half a day- though 6 hours is more than half a day.  It definitely needs to get done and it doesn't appear at the pace things are going that it's going to get done unless we use time that isn't devoted towards deliveries to do so.

Very tired.  Long day.  Lots of OT already this week. Going to bed soon enough and want off the computer.

ben

No comments:

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...