Saturday, December 17, 2011

There is nothing that spruces a room up quite like a fresh coat of paint on the walls.
In my bedroom, hadn't been done since the house was new. I'm not done yet, but I have the hardest part of it done.  Still have to move some furniture, though. Home Depot was closing out Martha Stewart Living paint - which is usually pretty expensive, was half price.  They were closing it out. I am going to have to go back today or tomorrow and get a couple more cans for future use.  You don't find quality paint at that price - hardly ever. 

I also bought some cheap, new mini blinds.  I didn't really want to spend a lot of money on this project, just wanted to get that fresh, new feeling back to the room.  I was surprised they sell mini-blinds for $5 each.  They do, of course, have much more expensive and equisite looking versions, but this will have to do for now.  Christmas is almost upon us and I haven't bought but one present so far.  Now that I know that my family is coming, I am going to have to come up with something for everyone.

Caleb and my mother will be easy.  Actually, now that I think of it, so will my brother and his wife.  My middle brother - a bit more difficult.  Caleb is easy because he told me specifically what he wants, and I best be getting about finding it.  Mother also comes up with a specific list, but a hand sewn quilt should be arriving by Christmas time to give to her.  My oldest brother, I just give the Omaha steak stuff every year. 

In fact, I am just taking a short break here.  I have a guy coming over to take some of the over grown pond plants.  Just break off the overgrown parts, put into a trash bag, take home and replant.  They look really nice and they grow like weeds.  I try to give the stuff away versus throwing it in the trash, lots of people have ponds with no plants.

I am also attempting to give away the love seat that I have tried to sell, off and on, for the last 6 months.  Just posted an ad.  I need it out.  It looks tacky in my living room. BTW, I am typing this on my new laptop, the keyboard is MUCH easier to use than keyboards I have encountered with other laptops. Or is this a notebook? Well whatever, there is no difference, really. 

Back to work.

No comments:

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...