Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thursday 12/29/2011

I'll give Mary credit: she really DID clean up her house!  The first time I went, it was - quite cluttered.  She also made quite the delicious, roasted chicken meal last night.  The only drawback about going over there, really, is that it is 25 miles from my house, one way.  I don't really like driving that much in-town, but I have come to the conclusion that if I am going to start going up to the mountains with some frequency during the summer, I might as well expect the miles to rack up on my car.

My car is a 2004 model and it has all of 62,000 miles on it, tangible proof of my dislike for driving.  I got the car with 28,000 on it.

I'm also contemplating using tax return money to put a ball hitch on the car and find a cheap trailer on Craigslist to haul things back and forth to the mountains with it.  Well, not just that: stuff for the house either bringing to or getting rid of.

Whatever the case, today is allegedly the last day of work for me this week.  They have apparently decided to just shut down our branch on the last day of the week if there is a holiday on the weekend.   But, I am apparently forced to use vacation time to make up for it.  Oh well.  I like the idea of a 4 day weekend so I am not going to complain. I am going to ask if I can use personal hours for it since I have enough of those left to cover it and they don't carry over into the next year.

Well, gotta leave.  Plenty to do in the truck routing system and plenty to do around the shop.  Inventory coming up 3rd or 4th week of January and we are far from ready for it.  In fact, my manager - who is currently vacationing in Chicago - wrote me an email before he left and decided that we are probably going to have to spend a few weekends getting it ready.  However, I heard yesterday that they might send someone over to help us get the yard in shape.  I don't know, but I never have enough time to get out there and do much of anything.  I am too busy pulling orders, loading the truck and taking out the deliveries.  That's what happens when you are trying to run a store with only 2 people.

Not that I'm complaining about that, either, but when we get behind, we need help or a lot more hours.

Later.

ben

No comments:

 Thursday morning It’s almost 9:00 am and they are just starting on finding parts after calling them to see where they’re at with this. They...