Sunday, January 1, 2012

1/1/2012 Sunday Happy New Year!!!!!

Happy New Year, everyone!

I managed to stay up until around 1:15am last night.

An interested night, to say the least.  Mary decided that she wanted to drag some firewood over to a party that was going on out in front of a house a few blocks away.  She asked if I wanted to come with her. No.  She basically had a mini-cow so I relented - but I've been there and done that, most likely everyone would be drunk and acting - drunk.

I was not off, in the slightest little bit, with that assessment, either.  My sister-in-law had called - I find out she lives like 5 blocks away from Mary - we all headed to this party.  I was having a few beers, yes, but I was determined that I was not going to go overboard with anything.  We got there and I was offered shots of fine Vodka and numerous beers.  I had a couple, but I then quit.  There was a fire pit out front in the driveway and Mary shoved a log into it.

Then some woman - drunk and belligerent - started trouble.  It was a no burn day in Maricopa county - they issue those when the pollution gets too high and they don't want people using their fireplaces - the woman started barking at Mary about how much smoke the wood she put on there was making.  The rant went on and on and finally Mary dished some pork back to her, which made this woman really mad.  Turns out she doesn't even live there.  There was a simple solution to this problem, btw, something I learned when I was a kid.

Simply throw more kindling on the fire, get the fire really hot and get the wood burning well and the excessive smoke will dissipate.  I wasn't getting into this argument, I wanted nothing to do with it, I didn't even want to go in the first place.  Well, I was chatting with perfect strangers but finally had had enough.  Let's go, Mary, now, thank you.  We left and went to Susan's house - my sister-in-law and spent 45 minutes over there.  Then back to Mary's house to blow off some fireworks with the kids, ring in the new year and that was the end of that.  I crashed there for the night - no hangover for me but going to bed that late throws my internal clock system off so I'm tired today.  I knew I would be.  Mary wanted me to come back today and tomorrow - no thanks. I have stuff to do and I haven't seen anyone in the New Year at my house, including my son.

My ponds need some attention - not too much but still.  I want to get up on that trailer and finish the other project I started up there now that the AC project is done and that thing is up and running.  I don't know that I will do that today, probably tomorrow. Basic house cleaning duties, etc etc etc.  Not to mention Coco was starting to get rather annoying over there - she wanted to go home this morning and that was that.  She is all kinds of crashed out right now.

So, I am sorta kicking back right now, trying to get the motivation up to get some things done and I am sure I will at least get my bathroom and bedroom cleaned today and the pond pumps unclogged, but if I get nothing done other than that?  I'm good with it.

We are officially in the year when the earth is going to end and life is we know it is going to disappear.  At least that's what those that believe the Mayan calendar hubba bubba believe.  I don't happen to believe that - at all.  It is also allegedly the year that another recession or even depression is going to hit.  I have no "belief" systems on those kinds of things, if it happens it happens.  Nothing I can do about it.   Certainly, it seems to me, our society is changing to reflect the financial circus that is going on all around us in terms of the way people are living.

Perhaps, in some sense, it isn't such a bad thing.  Such as the news that a lot of people have shut off cable/satellite tv because they can't afford it.  Cool, find something else to do like we did in the "old" days where we watched a bit of TV here and there, but certainly our lives didn't revolve around it.  Perhaps the roots of where we came from might take hold.  I have no faith in the politicians to do anything but spend more money.  I don't really like any of the candidates that are likely to win the GOP nomination, I think they are all full of it.

Eventually, some degree of civil unrest will undoubtedly have to occur to change the course of America back to some semblance of what it once was.  I have at least some degree of certainty that that is what the Occupy this and that people are up to.  I only know that I have armed myself and if some civil chaos starts, my home is my castle and that's all I am going to protect - the castle and the people that live in it.  I hope that doesn't happy, really.  But, people are getting tired of this economic condition, especially the have-nots.

I am not going to make any New Year's resolutions this year.  I have already resolved to do several things in my life which started last year and I am continuing on with.  So, I guess I could say I resolve to continue on with what I had resolved to do and started to do some time ago.  Church being the biggest one - getting back into the flow of it and getting past internal issues of the heart and mind.  The trailer is another one, though not a huge priority, the thing is well underway with it being paid off, new wallpaper, AC fixed and in position to get more done on it.  Other things that are my own, personal business that I won't go into on an internet site that is readable by anyone in the world.

So, I have no idea what 2012 is going to bring. But, good, bad or ugly, God is in control and my faith is in Him.  There IS no-one else to turn to.  That's the end of the story, for me anyway.

So, I am going to enjoy today, the first day of the year.  It is a beautiful, gorgeous day outside, at least in Phoenix, AZ, the weather is perfect and though I am a bit tired, I am going to go out for a while and enjoy it. Probably come back in and take an hour's nap and then see what I might do with the rest of the day.

Happy New Year, again.

ben

No comments:

 Thursday mid-morning No point leaving here until around 10:00 am.  The load time is 1 and I can show up maybe an hour early without them ge...