Thursday, January 12, 2012

CDL Drivers Hands Free Device

So the company handed out all these hands free devices yesterday, I started using it in the semi today.
Pretty simple stuff, actually.  You enable blue-tooth on your cellphone. Turn on the device and it finds your device, you add it.  That's it.  Incoming calls are automatically directed to the device and you push a single button to answer the phone.

The problem?  Background noise.  Driving down the road, a semi makes a considerably amount more of noise than most any car does.  And it's a constant noise.  It conflicts with your voice and makes it hard for the person on the other end of the line to hear what you are saying.  Further, with the volume turned all the way up, it is hard to hear what someone is saying unless you get your ear pretty much right next to it.

I have seen people wearing an earpiece device that has no wires on it so I assume those are blue tooth and that is what I thought we were going to get in the first place.  I don't wonder if those might work better for the noise element at hand in the truck.  It's good to be able to talk again while driving the truck - but - it would be better with a different setup, I do believe.

No comments:

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...