Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wednesday 1/11/2012

Back to regular, 5-day work weeks.
Meaning today is hump day and half way through.
A couple of weeks of very short work weeks sort of spoiled me, lol.

Not a lot going on besides that of which I have already discussed.
I am guessing, on that front, that to short sell this house and find a place to
live that will accept the dogs, it's not going to be a very pretty place, even if a
rental.

Like, more of a dump than anything.  I could live with that for a couple of years
for the tradeoff of getting rid of this house that may never be worth what I  bought
it for and getting into something much more reasonable that is even nicer than this place.
When I say dump, I am thinking one of those trailer parks with dirt lots and lots of
hoarders, drunks, drug users and the like.

So, I will look for something a bit nicer than that, lol.  This is prep stage - find several
options first.  If one fails, others are available to fall back on.  Get money saved up - moving
isn't free and neither are deposits.  Determine if I REALLY want to do this or is there a
better alternative.  Dunno.  Have searched it out, really.  Refinancing- at least so far - has
drawn a blank.  A lower payment would keep me in this house.  The payment I am making
now?  Is enough nowadays to be paying for a 4,000 square foot, 2 story house with all the upgrades
and amenities.  I'll take the top floor and rent out the bottom, lol.

Whatever.  Another page in the book of this life.

Out the door, heading off to work.

G'day.

ben

2 comments:

Fijufic said...

I wish I could give you advice. Change is scary.

BenB said...

Yeah, it can be. But thanks for the thought, anyway. I've been fighting against this idea of getting out of this place for a while now - just trying to get out of emotional attachments to the place and get into a business-like mind about it.

 So I drive up to Gurdon, unload, leave, make the 1-1/2 hour drive to Eldo, pull in the yard.  I had already spoken with the manager a littl...