Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday 2/20/2012

Long discussion with mother yesterday, who brought up the subject, not me.
That's because we have already had a couple of discussions about this, but, whatever.
This to do with the kinds of people that are living up "there" now.  Apparently, more and more
formerly empty/abandoned properties are being occupied by their owners - who have decided
to go up there and build cabins.

It's getting busy up there, is what she is saying.  Which doesn't bother me, there aren't THAT many
properties up there.  There is only one of those properties currently for sale, I know, I looked.  I
was hoping maybe I could snag one and make payments on it for - 30 years I guess.  They want
$250,000 for that property that is unimproved and has no structures of any kind on it. 250k for an
empty property?  In a pig's eye. Those properties up there aren't worth that much money.  In fact,
I would be willing to be that some of those fancy new cabins will become the subject of short sells.

If we were talking 75k, I would look into it.

She just doesn't want me going up there and starting trouble, since she knows all about my neighbor situation down here.  All well and good, but I didn't START the problems here.  The situation with 350 man was definitely started by him sticking his nose into my personal business and attempting to tell everyone living here that they would have to move.  As much as I told her that, she went on because she knows that if someone starts something with me, I am unlikely to just stand there and have someone s****** on my face and taking it.  She is 76 years old and probably doesn't really have the desire or energy to get into such things, but from what I have heard, there have been some residents up there certainly giving her a hard time.

Mostly coming from the HOA, of which she refuses to join and actually went through her lawyer to have a paper of some kind sent to that HOA declaring that she is no part of it and will not BE any part of it.  She was there when they started it up and it was started up - quite illegally.  There are also rumors that have yet to be factualized that the President of the HOA has taken some of the dues that came in and used it on his own, personal business.  THAT most certainly will NOT work for me.  But, I have no desire to go up to a nice, cool spot in the mountains to start trouble.  It would have to come to me and it would have to actually get in my face for me to even want to get involved in that s***.

She went on further to say that the hold in the ground that is the outhouse is almost filled up. It's been filling up for years.  The biggest problem is that there is never any water dumped on it to help break it down.  She has a 500 gallon tank of water that she declares lasts her the entire summer.  I would suggest that if you emptied out a tank of water into that hole, that stuff would break down and at least even out at the bottom of the hole.  I know, gross subject but one that I am apparently going to have to face.  The problem, really, is that the ground is so hard and full of rock, she was not able to get the backhoe operator that originally dug the hole to get any deeper than what he had gone.  Well, that's simply because he ran into solid rock and to get past that, well, you are going to have to use other methods.

So, I am not really sure the answer to that problem other than to have another hold dug and build another outhouse structure around it.  She was going to have a septic system installed, but it was going to cost a truckload of money simply because of the situation with the rocky ground and attempting to dig a hole big enough for the system.  She's not really into spending money on such things.  Just as she abandoned the idea of building a cabin, or having a modular home brought up, or even having a mobile home installed.  She ran into too many "problems" with the sellers.  Those problems are the fact that if a seller tells my mother one thing and then comes along and changes the parameters of it, especially anything to do with the money part of what was already agreed upon?  She's a goner.  No thanks, gets up and walks out.  That's what she did with the mobile home dealer that she was going to purchase a new one with - they had the thing all worked out and then they attempted to throw a wrench into it with "more costs".  She wouldn't even discuss it with them, she had a contract and that was that.

Instead of pursuing the contract, she just said no thanks after stopping into give them a check one day and left - check in hand.

Lol, that's my mother.

Anyway, have to pursue this topic some other time as..............it's time to go to work!

G'day

ben

2 comments:

Lowandslow said...

Don't blame her for her loathing of HOA's. They're evil. I stay from them whenever possible, too.

S

BenB said...

Oh, I HATE HOA's and I have never even been subjected to them. They are EVERYWHERE in these parts. New housing subdivisions have built-in HOA's and I can't tell you how many friends and acquaintances and co-workers I have sat and listened to nothing short of horror stories. The list is LONG and the attitudes of the boards are usually abusive and condescending. Having said that, living in a neighborhood full of hoarders, there is at least some kind of advantage to living in such a neighborhood: HOARDING is definitely NOT allowed and NOT tolerated.

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...