Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday 2/27/2012

I was quite humored when Kyle - a family friend I guess you would call him all of 18 years old - came over here yesterday declaring that he was selling tools for whatever customer and earning $1,500.00 per week.  Is it possible?  I suppose, but at the same time, he is going to a school of massage therapy to learn how to become a massage therapist which I doubt would earn him that much money.  Instead of questioning him on it, I simply told him that he is making more money than I am!  He used to hang out with Caleb over here but then got aligned with drug users including heroin addicts and he disappeared off the radar for quite a long time.

He also impregnated a girl and has a baby  now.  He is off the drugs - though he drinks regularly, still better than being on drugs - and apparently has had a fire lit under his fit to work, work, work and earn money to support the girl and the baby.

Well whatever.  Then he offers me a professional massage at the low rate of $1 per minute, lol.

Meanwhile, Caleb got the flu.  Probably, I am guessing, from college.  I dunno, but I want nothing to do with it.  I have been feeding him and giving him plenty of liquids but other than that?  Staying away from the boy.  He has been sleeping/resting/kicking back for a couple of days now.

Coco - the Catahoula mix - is still plugged up but finally some "stuff" is coming out.  Hopefully the mineral oil will work it's way through all of that and all of that will come out - preferably today and get it over with.

I continue to torment myself - well not that bad but you get the picture - with endless articles on the web about baby boomers not having anything or too little saved up for retirement.  I know, I have talked about this a lot on this blog, but it keeps it alive and in my face. You can look at 15 or 20 years and say that's a long time, I don't need to be so dramatic about it, but - that isn't that much time and it will be here faster than you know and then kablaam, whatever you have saved, that's it.  If you didn't save enough or even save anything, you are screwed.  Well I can tell you right now, if I had to retire today, I am screwed.

It takes money to make money - a very true statement mostly - and that is the plan here.  I am not going to get enough for retirement simply by means of what I am putting aside in the 401k or even in the bank savings account, it is going to have to be upped substantially.  I am changing my mind about that travel trailer that I wanted to trade for a pickup, better to sell it and save the money for that casita I am going to build.  I haven't firmly decided on that yet - I have 3 more payments and then I can make a decision.

Anyway, I am going to force myself to church today, meaning I have to leave...........uhhhh...........now, actually.

Later.

ben

No comments:

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...