Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesday 2/7/2012

I'm really, kinda, hating....this presidential run from both side of the aisle. I really don't want to hear any more of it and I am tuning it out for now.  I haven't even decided who I want to vote for in the November election - I don't like ANY of the candidates that have any chance of winning right now.  The latest news was Obama's reversal in his stance on "super PACs" - the man is a hypocrite and apparently two-faced.

Bash others for doing something but if it helps him out, then commit the same action regardless. I'll write-in vote for Donald Duck before I vote for Obama.

Anyway.  I have partially decided on a course of action.  If I am staying in this house - and will be stuck in it for a long time if that is my decision versus short-sell, I am definitely going to save up enough money to build a small casita/attached structure - more of a "in-laws suite".  It would be completely self-sufficient - meaning the occupants would never have to come into my house for anything.  This is all about retirement and finding ways to dump money into an account designed specifically for that alone.

The unit could fetch $500 per month, I am guessing and pay for itself in less than a year.  It would have it's own sub-meter for electricity - or perhaps just install a regular meter for it altogether and do M-Power on it.  The occupants would have to "fill" a card at a machine to get electricity.  Water would have a meter on it running in there - but they would pay me directly for water bills - or not - I don't know how much water one or a couple of people living in a small place would use in a month, probably not enough to have to worry about it.

That, at the moment, will stand as Plan B, since I haven't yet made up my mind about short-selling the place.  And likely won't for a while.  I am still trying to determine what kind of place I could rent after leaving this property. Another thought would be to simply save up enough money for a enough of a down payment and get a second house.  But that would take a long time to save up, say, 20k.  Which is where a casita would come in handy.  At $6,000 per year, I could rack up 20 grand relatively quickly.   Meaning, taking all the money from that casita earnings and stuffing it into a savings account.

I have so many ideas running around in my head, no idea what to do here.

Oh, I do have on great idea: time to go to work : )

G'day.

ben

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...